" eBay Global Shipping Total " -> how to get it -before- commiting to the "Buy It Now" purchase ?

Hi all

(2) two quick queries please:-

Looking to buy and Item.

Cost is  $USD  1000  +  $USD 55  for  eBay Global Shipping to Australia.

As  the total converts to  ~ AUD $ 1500  Austrlaian,  it will be subject to  Austrlaian %10  GST  plus  Customs Clearance fee's  etc.....

It says ti will show the  "Global Shipping Import Duties "  etc.... on checkout ..... but  by that stage I  [assume]  I am locked in to the purchase (?) .... so my question is:-

Query ( 1 )  =>  how can I find out the total of the eBay Global Shipping total cost  *before*  locking myself in to the purchase  ?

Query ( 2 )  =>  does the total  eBay Global Shippinng cost   -include-   the local   Australian %10 GST / Duties  and  Australian Cusotms Clearance fee's for when it lands here in Oz  ?

Thanks,

Gid

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

" eBay Global Shipping Total " -> how to get it -before- commiting to the "Buy It Now" purchase ?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You cannot find out the Customs charges before you commit to buy but from past experience it usually seems to work out about 30% of the price ot the item plus the postage costs.  Without knowing what the item is and what the rate of duty is it is hard to be more specific.

When you commit to buy you will get get an invoice with the item cost, the postage and the fees all itemised.  You pay it to the GSP shippers and they pay the Customs on your behalf.   There will be no more to pay when the item arrives.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

..... so the local Austrlaian  %10  GST  and  Austrlaian Customs clearance  fee's  are all  baked-in  and inlcuded  in the eBay Global Shipping total  (?)

I  *thought*  from reading the  FAQ  on the  Global Shiping  that   local  import duties, taxes, cusotms charges  etc....  were  -not-  inlcuded  (?)

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I added an expensive jewellery item that would be shipped via the Global Shipping program to my cart and clicked the 'proceed to checkout' button (this way it doesn't purchase the item, you get to the checkout stage and then log into PayPal, confirm the purchase and then it's bought / paid for at the same time. If you use the 'Buy It Now' option, then the purchase is made and the costs will be likewise shown during checkout).

Anyway, the amount shown on the listing (underneath item price and shippng charges) as the import charges was $359.65 (USD - as you can see, this didn't change at the checkout stage). 

gsp import charges.PNG

If you'd rather not check that way, run the figures through a duty calculator: https://www.dutycalculator.com/

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I added an expensive jewellery item that would be shipped via the Global Shipping program to my cart and clicked the 'proceed to checkout' button (this way it doesn't purchase the item, you get to the checkout stage and then log into PayPal, confirm the purchase and then it's bought / paid for at the same time. If you use the 'Buy It Now' option, then the purchase is made and the costs will be likewise shown during checkout).

Anyway, the amount shown on the listing (underneath item price and shippng charges) as the import charges was $359.65 (USD - as you can see, this didn't change at the checkout stage). 

gsp import charges.PNG

If you'd rather not check that way, run the figures through a duty calculator: https://www.dutycalculator.com/

Many thanks 🙂

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

It should give you a rough estimate of the charges in the listing underneath the postage cost. Obvioulsy it could be different depending on the exchange rate when you pay.

gsp import charges.jpg

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply