Wrong goods and seller won’t give me my money back

Hi , in November I bought a boat cover for a 17-18ft boat but when I received it it wasn’t the size advertised at the quality so I sent it back . I’ve got confirmation that it has been received their end via Australia post but they are beating around the bush and coming up with short irrelevant answers when I ask for my money back . Can you see conversation I’ve been having . 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

This is a Member to Member Board & not eBay... we can't see your conversations.

Is there any reason you did not

use the eBay Money Back Guarantee to deal with this Not As Described Item?

You may now be up the creek without the proverbial unless you contact your bank for a chargeback.

ETA... you sent this back to China???

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If you do not follow the correct process to get a refund you are not going to get help from eBay

You are also not going to get a refund

Especially not from a dodgy seller in China 

As side, other members cannot see any conversation

But when you do not follow the proper process, any conversation is 100% meaningless 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If you paid with Paypal you may be able to open a dispute for Item Not as Described.

You have 180 days to do so.

Upload tracking to the dispute.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@shanscot60 wrote:

Hi , in November I bought a boat cover for a 17-18ft boat but when I received it it wasn’t the size advertised at the quality so I sent it back . I’ve got confirmation that it has been received their end via Australia post but they are beating around the bush and coming up with short irrelevant answers when I ask for my money back . Can you see conversation I’ve been having . 

You're fairly new to ebay, by the looks of things.

When you buy something on ebay, if it is not as described, you don't even have to contact the seller.

You can if you want to, as a courtesy, but in a case like this you are best to open a claim for a refund through ebay itself. You have 30 days after the item arrives in which to do so.

Never, ever, let a seller give you the run around.

Just go straight into an ebay dispute. Think of ebay as a judge and you would have won the case and the seller would have had to refund you & if they wanted the item back, they would have had to pay return postage first.

You haven't bothered to read up the terms & conditions about what to do if things go wrong & you have missed the boat with the 30 days.

Have a look at what imastawka said. Paypal claim now or as repentatleisure said, bank chargeback.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

If you paid with Paypal you may be able to open a dispute for Item Not as Described.

Stawks, the problem with INADs in a Paypal dispute is that they no longer pay for the return postage as they used to, so the buyer is forced to pay the return postage even if they win the dispute.

Returning the item to China (if it's a Chinese registered seller) can be a lot more expensive than the item itself.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

According to the OP, Padi, they've already returned it.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply