You haven't gone through phone verification

Keep seeing this pop up when I try to buy something,

To get past this message Io have closed the item page and looked elsewhere to purchase but I would still like to know what this is?

I have purchased items from a few auctions without issues.

I can keep avoiding these auctions as there are many sellers for same or simular items.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Do ebay have your phone number?

It's what it says it is.   They need to phone you to verify certain information.

Secret answers and stuff like that, so they can verify that you are, who you are.

I think you'll have buying limits placed on you until you are 'phone verified'

Someone else may add more info  (or sort out my ramblings)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Do ebay have your phone number?

It's what it says it is.   They need to phone you to verify certain information.

Secret answers and stuff like that, so they can verify that you are, who you are.

I think you'll have buying limits placed on you until you are 'phone verified'

Someone else may add more info  (or sort out my ramblings)

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You are obviously trying to buy from sellers who have that block in place.  

The sellers who you are able to buy from do not have it.   It will be a while before you build up enough feedback to avoid the block and in the meantime you may not be able to buy some items that you really want.

Do the phone verification and you will have no more problems.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Lyndal is a mobile number ok for verification?

I used to receive messages from angry buyers saying that they don't have a phone and that I should not block them as I will be losing potential buyers because of it,but I used to tell them that a mobile number is ok to get phone verified.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Pretty sure one of my accounts was verified using my mobile phone.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I looked on the accounts page, I know paypal is linked that paytal have my contact number. But I dont see that here on paypal

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

re"You are obviously trying to buy from sellers who have that block in place."

I signed up for ebay just the other day and slowly I am finding who to buy from, currently have one on follow but they didnt sell the item I searched for that popped up this phone message.

I returned to Amazon to purchase that one so I am fine now.

No longer an issue.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Put your phone number where it's meant to go, a box should pop up saying you need to verify, if you hit OK you'll have a number on the screen that you have to enter when the bot rings you. You can also do it via text message. You put the number in when the bot texts you. Something like that anyway,

I don't know how anyone can get past the phone verification without doing it. I tried to set this account up as there are lots of restrictions to the site, like not being able to reply to messages, not being able to see someone's name history (just to name 2). If I try to do anything other than read the forums or do a search, I get a box up asking me to verify my phone number. It won't let me do anything without it, so no idea how people manage to buy anything without verifying first.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply