annoying multiple identical listings

when I type in 'australian handmade' time ending soonest, recently the pages have been swamped with like ten of the same items with identical titles from ten 'different' sellers -- arghh and they are not even based in Australia--- Maybe I'm overeacting (very hot day today) but I'm trying to report it- not sure which category--- help? then again- is it actually against policy? these items all end at the same time and are listed both as auction and BIN--- thanks heaps-- 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

go-tazz
Community Member

To report them just click on the report link in the listing,(above the item number).

Report category is: Listing practices

Reason for report is: Duplicate listings

Detailed reason is: Auction-style listing,( This listing is a duplicate of another auction-style listing from the same

seller.)

Or: Fixed price listing This listing is a duplicate of another fixed price (or Buy It Now) listing from the same seller.

Clck continue and then you can add the Item number of the duplicate listings for the Auction or fixed price

listings,(you can always do a follow up report fot the other one).

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Don't they all have to be from the same seller Tazz?

The OP says they are from different sellers.....which we all know is the Chinese seller's way of flouting the listing rules anyway.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

thanks for that Tazz- I actually did do all that (listed 10 active item numbers) but kept getting the message that I needed to put in valid item numbers- I think like Lyndal said they need to be from the "same seller" to qualify. So I guess nothing much can be done because ebay does not recognise them as being the same seller even though the photos, titles, location, ending time, price etc etc is exactly identical. Funny enough, even though the seller has  at least thirteen accounts none of them have 100% positive feedback.

I suppose I could report that these items are under the category of "australia only" but actually comes from India. I'm "sure" its not 'australian handmade' or actual 'australian opal' like listed. But oh well-

Just makes it annoying to browse- sorry for the rant and thank you : )

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Australia Only does not mean sellers located in Australia but sellers who only sell to Australia....hence the sellers located in India, China etc. showing up in that search....and there is nothing you can do about it.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

thanks Lyndal, I didnt realise that---

btw, I found out that although it is not a seller based in australia, adding the CAUS10 code (10% off for Australian sellers) work- so the term Australian seller must selling to Australia too haha- thanks again!

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

The operative word is ONLY.....the seller does not have to be based in Australia, only to sell to Australia.

That is why you see Chinese sellers with everything listed in US$ or AU$ or GBP.....they are not based in those countries but sell only to those countries so the listings show up in a search in those countries.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Don't they all have to be from the same seller Tazz?

The OP says they are from different sellers.....which we all know is the Chinese seller's way of flouting the listing rules anyway.

Yes,they do have to be from the same seller,(sorry,didn't get a lot if sleep yesterday),give_rose.gifblush-1.gif

There is a sticker seller in: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_sacat=66468&LH_BIN=1 that flaunts this rule and

nothing is ever done about it,(they have had over 20 listings that are exactly the same and they used to number

them from one to about 22 so they wouldn't confuse themselves).

CS couldn't work out how they were duplicates,shok.gif

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply