mmm...watch item

Very very interesting..Always a new seller with no feedback, always have 2 of each item available, always from China, always an item over $100+ and always free postage on top. The items eventually get ''sold" yet if you keep watching no feedback ever appears. Surely if I can see these ebay know all about them also. See similar appearing on a weekly basis now 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

mmm...watch item

This particular item was brought up by someone here recently, may even have been yourself.

This account has no recent sales and is a newly opened account, yesterday.

Once some of these new Chinese accounts get a certain number of scammed sales they move onto another fake account.

I have reported for eBay to look at it.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

mmm...watch item

I can't see a link, it has obviously been edited out.

But it isn't only Chinese sellers this happens with.

It's worth having a look at Thermomix ads. There are often ads by zero rating sellers, in Australia. Always a new seller and the state & suburb listed varies but the ads don't.

Brand new current model thermie in box, postage included and all for about $600 when the real things are over $2000.

I understand it's a scam but they often seem to sell one, yet never do i ever see feedback, not for any of them.

I find that strange. You would think it would be fairly new buyers who might get caught and you would expect at least some of them to give neg feedback before or at the same time they open a dispute or whatever.

I can understand some of the 'sellers' would get kicked off ebay quick smart but how come there is seemingly never any feedback?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

mmm...watch item

getting better!! 2 new ones, now in UK but I do not think Exeter is in Shropshire anyway, but shipping from China, with now 5 available, and even take best offers too at the Bargain price!!! Oh and they are in Australia!! copied their ads exactly from someone else. 2 different listings, 2 different new ID's. If I can see it is false why does ebay not??????  eg item 152325832452

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

mmm...watch item

Yes that ad is very strange for anyone who spends a few seconds to look.

Item located UK, yet sent from Hingkong or China and shop supposedly in Perth.

But what is odder is the appearance of a professional website, mention of a shop & 'our items' yet a zero rating, brand new seller?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

mmm...watch item

Exeter is in Devon....my late mother in law was born there.

These ads have so many inaccuracies that it is a wonder anyone ever falls for them....but they do unfortunately.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

mmm...watch item

Did my good deed for the day and found the original seller from Australia and asked them to report them to ebay for using their name and copying their ads, which they did. Ebay must have taken notice finally as they have been removed. Will come back under a duifferent name in a couple of days again I am sure. At least saved one sellers good name, and saved 10 unsuspecting buyers for this time.   

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply