anybody noticed paypals exchange is low?

paypals exchange rate seems a bit low anybody notice this but me?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: anybody noticed paypals exchange is low?

yes I always find it to be more than any other I use.

Can't wait for ebay(+whoever they use) to take it over - could not be any worse especially customer service wise.

If you are sending money overseas to a seller see if they will use TransferWise.

- due to the way they do it the total cost is about .5% instead of 3% plus the the receiver being charged as well.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@the_2nd_zoo wrote:

Can't wait for ebay(+whoever they use) to take it over. 

Be careful what you wish for - eBay certainly won't be running their "own" payment system as a charity. 

Look at how "eBay's" GSP works............................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

You ever watch Channel 9 news ? All ords index goes up and down like a brides nightie every night.

There used to be an option to either use the Paypal exchange rate or your credit card provider's

exchange rate ie your bank Not sure if that option is still available as I've not bought on ebay from

overseas for a longgg time.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, it is still available Foxy.

Many members do not realise that paypal builds the conversion fees into the exchange rate....only one payment, not two amounts as with your bank.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Include in your PayPal account paymnent options a credit card  for one of the issuers that does not charge inflated FX rates.  28 degress is the one we use and we save around 3% on the PayPal exchange rate.  In our case this amounts to a substantial amount every year

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

But be careful not to use a card that hits you with a fee just because paypal is an overseas company, even if you are paying an Au company in AU$.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply