appealing to get back into money back guarantee program after being kicked out

Basically, one of my accounts got suspended in March for some reason that ebay won't tell me. I got it reinstated the same day by answering some verification questions. However, since then i have been out of the money back guarantee program and don't have buyer protection. So I can't escalate my return cases. But I haven't needed to escalate till now and am now appealing to have buyer protection reinstated. Have any of you successfully appealed to get buyer protection after your account being suspended? 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I have never had my account suspended although I have several times over the years been asked to verify my identity as a buyer but I have never heard of losing buyer protection on an active verified account.

How do you know you do not have buyer protection?

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@and-787171 wrote:

Basically, one of my accounts got suspended in March for some reason that ebay won't tell me. I got it reinstated the same day by answering some verification questions. However, since then i have been out of the money back guarantee program and don't have buyer protection. So I can't escalate my return cases

How many have you opened?

The only reason I have ever heard of that eBay has excluded a member from buyer protection is due to opening an unusually high number of cases, or otherwise engaging in abusive behaviour, as per this policy:

"Buyers who engage in activity as described in the Abusive buyer policy may be subject to a range of actions, including warnings, being blocked from requesting returns or refunds on eBay, being blocked from opening claims, loss of eBay Money Back Guarantee coverage, and account suspension."'

If you have not engaged in any of the above, you should be able to contact eBay CS and request an account review.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply