auction didnt go high enough - buyer pissy

kellygirlau
Community Member

just venting here - have now recieved refund, but still annoyed this can happen 🙂

i was the winning bidder of 'the encyclopedia of AFL footballs' (sic), which has been relisted at a higher price.

I won it for 99c , paid immediately. sent seller a question one week later asking if item had been sent. no personal response, but opened  'request to cancel transaction' - reason seller gave was that item was meant to be a buy it now, not auction.(which makes little sense)

i denied request - payment hadnt been refunded at this stage, and it appeared he was dodgy (i didnt check feedback before bidding, silly!)

Ebay were good when I emailed them about it - assuring me they were taking action.

I guess I'm just pissy about the whole situation. I work with kids who have experienced trauma - this was to be a gift for one of them who had fond memories of reading his grandpa's encyclopedia 🙂 

vent over!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: auction didnt go high enough - buyer pissy

Sounds like to me they simply wanted more money - a classic case of someone starting a price too low and not getting what they want for it

If you won the item, the seller is meant to go through with the sale.

I would have refused their request and told them I want it

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

If it was 99c with free postage, may have been a mistake as it would cost $10 to post.

It's now listed for $10 free postage.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

kellygirlau
Community Member

I did refuse their request and asked them to send item - refund came through 3 days later 🙂

while I understand people make mistakes, why wait until I contacted them 1 week after paying before requesting a cancellation??

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Those books wigh over 1kg as I have a blue cover on here, $10 wont quite cover the postage 😄

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I just notified Live Help about him Kelly as I am still chatting to them

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I did refuse their request and asked them to send item - refund came through 3 days later 🙂

while I understand people make mistakes, why wait until I contacted them 1 week after paying before requesting a cancellation??

This is terrible!!! I have to agree with you a week after paying then the seller requests a cancellation?? Mistake or not. I think the seller should honour the transaction and send the item out to you in good faith. Hopefully Ebay will take some action. Good luck with it.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

You'd think they'd put a reserve price on it.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

You'd think they'd put a reserve price on it.

I'd think that since you are a seller yourself, you would know that eBay australia does not have Reserve Prices on auctions outside of the eBay Motors section.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply