bad seller

nadajak
Community Member

Just to let all be aware. I purchased an iPad Pro , paid immediatly with pay pal. Get message asking for phone number. Stupidly gave it. Next I am getting a text asking to reverse PP payment and send money to bsb and account. I naturally refused have disputed withPP AND INFORMED EBAY. I doubt it ever existed

be vigilant 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

bad seller

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you wanted the item you should have waited a few days to see if the seller posted it rather than immediately open a dispute.

What do you expect ebay to do?   Just because the seller asked for bank deposit does not prove anything.....there are plenty of sellers who don't like paypal and will ask for bank deposit.   It does not prove that they are fraudulent and will usually send the item if you use paypal.

Giving your phone number made no difference...the seller can always get it from ebay if they want it.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

bad seller

I am glad you stood your ground and refused to change to a bank deposit.

Sounds like it could be a scam to me.

Sure, sellers would prefer a bank deposit as they don't pay paypal fees but all the same, it is pretty rude of any seller to then try to talk you out of a paypal payment once you have made it.

And the fact they tried to do this through phone texts and not through ebay messages shows they knew very well it was underhand. Trying to cover things so ebay wouldn't have direct evidence.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

bad seller

The fact that they sent the message via text rather than via ebay set off the alarm bells for me

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply