biosecurity risk warning at checkout

Im a buyer.  I went to purchase a resin  owl ornament but was stopped at checkout with a warning about biosecurity saying. 

Before buying an item from overseas, you should ensure that any applicable biosecurity requirements are met. As the buyer, you are held responsible for doing this. If you are unsure about your purchase, visit the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources website for advice. The department screens international mail and will confiscate any items that present a biosecurity risk.

Can I import this item into australia?  The link it gives to check if the item is not user friendly to find any list of what is and isnt allowed.

here are the  links https://www.agriculture.gov.au/biosecurity/biosecurity-matters/online-shopping 

https://bicon.agriculture.gov.au/BiconWeb4.0/ImportConditions/Search?SearchTabIndex=0&CaseSearchText... 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You will have to research it yourself. If it is coming from the UK or US check if the seller is using GSP and if they are, then I wouldn't risk it as they will not ship if there even the smallest flag on that item coming in to Australia

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Since you have a very clear warning, why proceed? 

As it said, it is up to the buyer to research what they can and cannot import

Personally, if I got such a warning, I would not even consider proceeding 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If the item is made of resin (presumably synthetic, as well), then it's likely just an automated message based on the keyword "owl".

I used to get ebay warnings when listing jeans because they were flares, so a message would always pop up telling me to make sure I was aware of restrictions, prohibitions etc relating to pyrotechnics and such. 

More recently, because I have a small clip listed in boating accessories, I got an email from eBay reminding me of my obligations to comply with emissions standards for outdoor power equipment. 🤣

ETA - "resin" may have also triggered it - you wouldn't be able to import bottles of the stuff because it's classed as a dangerous good, but a fully cured ornament poses no risk. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply