blocked for asking a question about warranty

i asked the seller about warranty on a new item a hk holden heater tap with the price of $549.99 plus postage

and they blocked me they did not even have the decency to respond to me 

so obviously there is no warranty on this product or any other product they sell

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Spot on

If they are not an authorised seller, there is no warranty

Ever

Same goes for every seller who puts the word 'warranty' in a listing but are not an authorised seller 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

It's been said many times before but "warranties" on eBay are worthless unless it's an Australian registered business that is licensed to sell the product by the manufacturer.

If it's the heater tap I think it is it's a remanufactured item anyway for an early '70's Holden, so there would be no warranty anyway. Did you read their poor feedback as well ?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282740683136?hash=item41d4a87180:g:a9EAAOSwImRYH8Jb

G'day Sandy snap.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

At least they blocked you, which gave you the heads up.

Even if they had answered you promptly and claimed there was a warranty, it would be worth nothing unless they were an authorised seller of the part, as others have said.

I get the feeling the seller may not have claimed there was a warranty, which is why they aren't answering you. Unfortunately quite a few other sellers do claim their products have warranties, but they are useless if down the track you try to claim on them.

We get quite a few people coming to the boards to complain their 'warranties' are not honoured and sellers aren't responding to messages etc

You've dodged an expensive bullet, by the sounds of it.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply