can anyone tell me how long

it might be before i can start to bid again, as i let my daughter on my ebay account to bid on a few pieces of jewellery. she had a set limit she could spend.  she went to buy it now and all was good. when she commited to buy the item. It came up with we do not deliver to post boxes.  (we live in the country and post box is the only way) Now my account has been restricted because it was more than one item.  I have never had this happen before.  Please no negative comments as im only asking advice.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You will need to contact ebay and see what they say 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Has ebay restricted your account or are you running into seller's blocks?

If it is seller's blocks it will be 12 months before the Unpaid Item Strikes fall off your account.

If ebay has restricted your account it must have been a lot of strikes because ebay are not known for restricting account for a few strikes.  Sellers often complain about the buyers who seem to trade with no restriction despite having a lot of strikes.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

It was under 5.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@kerriesgear wrote:
It was under 5.

Most sellers that have their blocks in place specify "more than 1 strike in 12 months" so as Lyndal said you'll be unable to bid or buy on any sellers listings that have those blocks in place for the next 12 months or so.

A hard lesson for you I'm afraid.......................

Your only chance is to phone eBay and ask to speak to a supervisor and explain about the post-box problem and they may do something for you.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Just a tip about PO box deliveries...we had this problem too before we moved.

To get around this, what you do is have your address as the Post Office.  Then it will get delivered to your PO and the post office should know who you are to put it in the right box.  Or put your Box # in the second line.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@black*poppy wrote:

Just a tip about PO box deliveries...we had this problem too before we moved.

To get around this, what you do is have your address as the Post Office.  Then it will get delivered to your PO and the post office should know who you are to put it in the right box.  Or put your Box # in the second line.

There is a problem with doing that, in that a PO will not accept parcels from couriers (except Star Track I believe), so if it is a couriered delivery it will be sent back to the seller.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

As a seller , i hate it when you get a street address AND a po box address together ,

It is such a waste of time emailing or ringing the buyer to confirm which is the correct mailing address .

Make it one or the other , not both. Preferably the PO Box , if that is a problem, then the seller who uses the courier will contact you even though they really should have PO boxes blocked in the first place.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@keyrings wrote:

As a seller , i hate it when you get a street address AND a po box address together ,

It is such a waste of time emailing or ringing the buyer to confirm which is the correct mailing address .

Make it one or the other , not both. Preferably the PO Box , if that is a problem, then the seller who uses the courier will contact you even though they really should have PO boxes blocked in the first place.

I've wondered if buyers do that in case a seller either uses a courier or states they won't post to a PO box. I've had a couple of buyers like that. Basically it went like this:

Joe Bloggs

1 something St

PO Box 000

Whatever Town 0000

So, I wrote both! So far, they've all arrived OK. Well, I assume they arrived because I never heard otherwise.

I'm not sure if it's an issue when you print postage labels though, as I hand write.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Well, it's a bit of a shame to be blocked on eBay when you don't have a choice about having a PO Box because you can't get street delivery in your area.

Bit of a shame to lose potential customers, IMO

We used the Post Office actual address for years and it was not a problem.  We had a good relationship with the PO itself so it was all sorted out for us.  If we didn't arrange it this way, we couldn't get delivery from the big stores either.

For couriers - we could use our actual street address, as obviously they do deliver wherever you tell them.  If we weren't at home, they drop it at the PO anyway.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply