can you exclude away sellers from search?

you know the message at the top of the page  "This seller is currently away until *****, and isn't processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later"

Having looked around abit, there doesn't seem to be an option to exclude sellers that are currently away from search results. If I'm wrong, could someone please tell me that I'm blind and point me to how to do just that. 

I'm a bit stumpt why eBay would make it any option for sellers to set an away status, but not give buyers any way of filtering those results out. Is there really all that many people searching for things on eBay with specific intention of "I don't want it buy it right now, but I want to find just the right item, so I can come back and buy it in exactly X days? And it wouldn't make sense to just search for the item in X days"

/rant

Just venting while I trawl through the 800+ results for a $1-2 part, not expecting any useful action from eBay of course. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

At this time it is more likely Chinese sellers celebrating new year.

I would refine the search to Australia Only and skip any listings with a price range. e.g. 1.00 - 30.00

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I wish I could exclude Sellers using Global Shipping, unfortunately this doesn't seem possible either.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

I wish I could exclude Sellers using Global Shipping, unfortunately this doesn't seem possible either.

seeing as there are numerous reports of the GSP being very expensive then just choose to display search results according to “price + postage lowest first”.

That should put expensive GSP items at the end of the sort and cheaper competitive GSP items towards the top.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

They should make Away Sellers wear Black Shorts so everyone can pick them out

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

seeing as there are numerous reports of the GSP being very expensive then just choose to display search results according to “price + postage lowest first”.

That should put expensive GSP items at the end of the sort and cheaper competitive GSP items towards the top.

That wouldn't solve the problem either as they don't show the true cost of Postage, only the initial cost before they add on all the other (hidden) costs, so their postage seems as normal as anyone else's (but just on the surface)

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply