cant buy certain items

hi everyone,was wondering if anyone can tell me why some items listed cannot be purchased,  a sign comes up saying this listing is missing..example is if you go into vintage birthday dog and cat cards there are a lot with a number that starts with B and they are not purchaseable. These listing have been like this for some years now.Why doesnt ebay them off?thanks guys.....

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

cant buy certain items

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Can you post some specific item numbers please....I can't see anything like you are describing.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

cant buy certain items

I've struck this issue of being unable to view vintage postcards possibly from the one seller (they might be from the UK - not sure). 

I see the listing but when I go to open it the listing can't be found.  Very odd.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

cant buy certain items

There is also a seller of stamps (possibly the same as the postcard seller going by their userid) whose listings show in a search, but can't be viewed.

The seller now shows 0 feedback (a few years ago they were active and had thousands) and is no longer registered.

For some reason, the listings still show up in a search, so I have a saved search in which I have filtered out their userid.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

cant buy certain items

I typed in my usual postcard search and sure enough there were loads of items by the phantom seller who is/was probably in Oz (the name is similar to another seller I bought from in the UK). 

0% rating, some sort of identifying letter and numbering system before the subject title, no end date for each listing.  Name is two words strung together.  Is that the one?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

cant buy certain items

@wildhogs91 wrote:

hi everyone,was wondering if anyone can tell me why some items listed cannot be purchased,  a sign comes up saying this listing is missing..example is if you go into vintage birthday dog and cat cards there are a lot with a number that starts with B and they are not purchaseable. These listing have been like this for some years now.Why doesnt ebay them off?thanks guys.....

HI, I'm not sure if this is any help, but a couple of years ago, I bought an item from a US seller. Some of his listings were as GSP (Global shipping) and some where not. They were a mix of things and some were magazines and DVDs that were on GSP and others for USPPS etc.  From memory, I could only view his entire inventory when browing in ebay.com and not ebay.com.au which only showed part.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

cant buy certain items

That must surely be some form of eBay cross border search fail.

However, I have encountered situations where the seller had a slew of items available, only for me to find that a few hours later the items all were missing.

Yet, somehow, i can't exactly remember doing something and they all became visible again.

I think I logged into another ebay website in another country.

It has happened to me a few times, and i just figured that it was the eBay website developers causing havoc.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply