conformation of order, paid, tracking nr. 2 days later seller wants me to cancel as he has no stock

Hi All,

I am getting fustrated with sellers,mainly from the Orient, that advertise goods that are not available.

I get confirmation of the order, I pay for it, later they say that the goods have been sent including a tracking number only to find out a few days later that there is no stock or another bulldust story.

Then the seller wants ME to cancel the order before he sends a refund.

On the sellers ebay site it showed he still had stock available days after contacting me. 

Have you had similar experiences? 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

conformation of order, paid, tracking nr. 2 days later seller wants me to cancel as he has no stock

Use eBay's MBG to open a case for "Item Not Recieved" when timing allows, and let eBay sort it out.

https://pages2.ebay.com.au/eBay_Money_Back_Guarantee

Don't ask for a replacement, ask for a refund, the seller themselves can cancel the transaction and refund you, you should not have to ask for it, in any case only the seller can cancel. (if you ask them to do it they will get away scot-free with no penalties from eBay.

Under no circumstances close the dispute before you have full satisfaction - you cannot reopen a case once you've closed it. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

@bacasawi,

Heed padi's words. That is exactly what you should do.

Don't cancel the order. If the seller hasn't sent the item or is out of stock - and is spinning you a load of codswallop, your cancelling the order enables the seller to get away with that bad behavioiur. If the seller is out of stock, s/he must cancel with the reason "out of stock", which earns the seller a defect. That's why sellers will attempt to avoid that reason at all costs.

It's one thing to be kindhearted and co-operate with a seller who's made an error and doesn't really deserve that defect... It's another thing entirely to be helping a systematic abuser of eBay policies to get away with not supplying purchased items and lying to buyers.

Get that case opened asap, and don't close it until you have received a full refund.

And as padi said, do not let the seller bamboozle you into closing the case before you have that full refund, including your postage. It is a known tactic by some sellers, to tell the buyer that they (the seller) can't issue the refund until you (the buyer) have closed the case. If you close the case before you have that refund (confirmed), your goose is cooked; you'll never get the refund, and you can't reopen the case.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

warning!

This is a recently moved OLD THREAD

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

You could have let it fall off naturally

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Yeah, davewil is right - by replying to it you've bumped it back up to the top, k1ooo-slr-sales.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

And you and I haven't bumped it?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

It was up near the top when I first replied.  Itโ€™s not like I dragged it up from the bottom of the page!

Nobody else had replied, and my reply was designed to warn others that it was an old/moved thread (thatโ€™s why I used large text)

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

But now you've bumped it again! ๐Ÿ™ˆ

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply