does pay pal refund charge back automatic

did not receive item .filled a complaint .money is due back, is there anymore one has to do to get the money back thru chargeback.or does pay pal do it automatic.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You do a chargeback through your bank but only if a paypal dispute has failed for some reason.  You cannot do both or neither the bank nor paypal will pay.

You say you opened a dispute in paypal for Item Not Received....have you escalated it to a claim yet?

Paypal does not get involved until the dispute is escalated and it must be done within 20 days of the dispute being opened.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

yes i ahve escalated it to a claim. and its due today. there has been no response from seller. he ahs ripped alot of ebay customers off.

i was wondering what happens after it has been escalated to a claim. if i have to do more

thanx for your reply

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

If you have escalayted and the seller has nor rresponded within the 10 day limit then you should get your refund without doing anything else. The only time that would not happen is if the seller told Paypal they had more information and needed time to process it.

If you paid with your Paypal balance or out of your bank account then the refunnd will appear in your Paypal balance. If yu funded the payment with a card the money will go back onto the card and may take a few days more.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

thanx for the reply. i'll wait.,a couple more days. he has'nt replyed as he is taking peoples money and not sending the goods

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Call paypal and they might even do the refund while on the phone.

At times it goes past the 10 days and nothing happens and when called they fix it straight away.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Is the seller in Australia? If not you'll  likely get your refund tomorrow

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply