eBay Plus Tuesday Discount Code Removed automatically

zeafer
Community Member

I purchased an Apple iPad Air 4 using today’s “eBay Plus Tuedays” discount code from an eBayPlus seller - supposedly for 15% off.

I entered the discount code and was shown the discounted price on my checkout page - in fact it still works now.

But when I completed my purchase, I am now shown the full price, and my $160 discount has disappeared as though it never happened!

Not only that, but when I try to cancel my order, I am told it will take 3 days for the seller to respond!

No way to contact eBay of course. What can I do?

<edited for privacy>

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

cezm
Community Member

What has come out of your payment source?

The invoice will usually show the full price as that is the price the seller gets (your payment plus Ebay's payment)

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

The full amount was deducted.

As an eBay Plus member, I found a way to get eBay Support to call me.  They verified the code was correct, and did apply to that item, but that my order was processed without the code being applied.  I was told a "promotional team" member would get back to me within 24 hours later.

The next day, I find my order has been cancelled and my payment refunded, and noone from the "Promotional Team" ever got back to me.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply