eBay account hacked, no accountability from eBay.

edqu_8756
Community Member

I was  hacked on eBay on 16/10/2022 and again the next day, 4 items were purchased using my details, did the usual, changed password, notified my bank, and called eBay, was assured all was good yada yada, didn't hear anything from either until the end of the month, had to explain the whole story over again to someone who really couldn't speak or understand English, he couldn't explain why my original account had been wiped and I couldn't access seller details, my whole purchase history had been wiped, but had the nous to download messages from eBay and messages between seller, and the person purporting to be me, **bleep**.

Bank called next day to say that the issue was that I hadn't received said items, **bleep**, explained again, and asked why my eBay had sent a message to one of the sellers advising of a possible scam, but now the sting in the tail is I got hit with a false dispute claim and was hit with a $20.00 fee from my bank, if Telstra, Optus and Medicare got hacked, and the person who hacked my account was a kid, (as he purchased was soccer games foe PS5), eBay cannot guarantee anyone's personal details. 

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

eBay account hacked, no accountability from eBay.

Is it possible that any security breach was via your  IT device, or password management/protection.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply