eBay and HUBBED don't seem to talk to each other for returns

hqphil
Community Member

I bought a car part on eBay. It didn't fit my car, even though I sent VIN to seller and they said all good - it will fit. I sent photographic evidence that it is the wrong part. A return was raised. eBay asked that I print off a shipping label (for TOLL, interestingly) but clearly instructed that I drop off at a HUBBED location. First location I tried said the package was too big, approx 1.2m long, 0.8m wide and .3m deep and no more than 5kg (roughly the size of a small car door card). So I tried using the chat fucntion at HUBBED, who told me the package was too big and to contact eBay.

eBay is a cunning and clever enterprise. It is a company that has introduced clear paths of no communication with its users, with the ultimate goal of maximising profitability, irrespective of consumer rights or guarantees.  I can't contact eBay, so I guess the next step is the ACCC.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Why can't you contact eBay?

I have no problem by going to "Help" on any  page & scrolling to "Contact Us" & starting a chat.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

I would would say the ACCC will tell you that you need first to use the function of contact clearly available at the top of every page for eBay

Nothing cunning, clever or hidden about it

HUBBED has advised you what you need to do, so do it

As an aside, eBay do not read feedback, so matter how much you write 'please read'

And the seller the neg relates to has horrid feedback that should have warned loud and clear to hit the back button as fast as you could 

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Out of curiosity,  has the item been packed for return as you received it, or have you over packed it.

How was the item shipped to you, all carriers have size restrictions.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Wow,  did you really buy from someone with 95.3 percent feedback?

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

The small help button is on the bottom of the page, if you mean that one (the only one showing on my screen) then you get an automated assistant. I eventually typed in that I wanted to communicate with a real person and that started the chat. It was ambiguous to say the least. So thanks for your help, but eBay itself could have been more helpful.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

I didn't over pack it, but yes did have to re-pack.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

No, this one had 99.4% feedback, and the part was in good condition and sent quickly. It just all fell apart when I wanted to return what was the wrong part for my car. So being told to re-pack the part for return, find such a return location on another website (HUBBED), going to a location with the part boxed up (a local newsagent), to be told no, much to big for us to return (99cmx55cmx30cm, 5kg). Then having to contact HUBBED, who then wanted nothing to do with it, then back to eBay. Every website that offers chat seems to have it feature prominantly, byt eBay makes you go digging for it, Even then, you have to ask to have a real person on the other end. It was all a bit hard for something that should not be. 

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Yes, never again. Not related to this issue though.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

@hqphil wrote:

I didn't over pack it, but yes did have to re-pack.

So did you reduce the package size,  99cm  x55cm  x30cm  is not oversize,  but this is a lot smaller than your original stated measurements,  which would indicate the item was over packed.

When sellers issue return labels, they are issued for items to be sent within the exact measurements as originally specified by the seller.

As for chat,  it could not be much easier.  there is an option to commence chat with a live agent,  or you can commence with automated agent and then request a live agent.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply