eBay app said couldn’t process payment. Tried 3 times. Bank debited 3 times!

So I went to purchase an item for $199 through the eBay app on my iPad. I have my paypal account connected in the app. Anyway I went to complete the purchase and I got an error saying my payment couldn't be processed. I tried three times with the same message. In eBay it does t have this item showing as one I have purchased. In my bank account there is 3 x debits for PayPal of $199.  I check my paypal account and under activities the 3 payments are not listed??? 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Did you change from bank deposit to PayPal in checkout ?

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I just used the default method. I have it set to visa through my paypal account as default
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@direwolf_gb wrote:
I just used the default method. I have it set to visa through my paypal account as default

Yes but you still have to select paypal in checkout, which then takes you to paypal to log in and complete the payment

But did you mean it's not showing the purchase in your purchase history? 

Either way I'd be very quickly calling your bank and Ebay via live chat. That's a lot of money to be out of pocket

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The eBay app is as buggy as the Ten Plagues of Egypt.

Once you have sorted out this payment mess, I very strongly suggest you don't use the app. You can still access eBay on your iPad - via Safari or whatever is your browser of choice. Make sure it is the full site, not the mobile version. (There should be a link at the bottom of the page if you need to switch.)

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply