eBay denied buyer a refund, but PayPal awarded one.

dw-68
Community Member
I sold a brand new, unopened bottle of supplement capsules to a buyer. They were exactly as the ad described. The buyer lodged a dispute, saying the product was not as described. eBay found in my favour. But the buyer then lodged a dispute with PayPal, who said if he returned the item IN ORIGINAL CONDITION, they would refund him the money. He RETURNED AN EMPTY BOTTLE!
I informed PayPal, but they refunded him anyway!
Can I get my seller fee refunded from eBay? I'm also out of pocket for the postage costs!
Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

eBay denied buyer a refund, but PayPal awarded one.

Basic answer: I don't know for sure.

But given that ebay originally found in your favour, it would definitely be worth contacting them via live chat or whatever and having a go. Explain what happened. They may be able to see what happened with paypal (I am assuming paypal refunded the buyer but not out of your account).

My guess would be it is not actually ebay's responsibility here with what has happened but you never know, they may make a goodwill repayment. And if they won't, well, you won't have lost anything more by at least asking.

Very poor behaviour by that buyer but unfortunately I have heard before of stuff like that happening.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply