eBay removing honest buyer feedback

I left honest feedback about an item that did not do what it was advertised as being able to do, and it was removed by eBay.

Very dishonest eBay. You ask for feedback, but when it is left honestly you remove it if high volume sellers ask you to.

Shame on you.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

eBay don't read here, only other buyers n sellers.

Perhaps you mentioned something in feedback that is against policy, hence the seller could have it removed.

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@aussienetworks4152 wrote:

I left honest feedback about an item that did not do what it was advertised as being able to do, and it was removed by eBay.

Very dishonest eBay. You ask for feedback, but when it is left honestly you remove it if high volume sellers ask you to.

Shame on you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not right true! Now it has to be without emotion and just factual without explanation.

Sorry to hear of this.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:                         

It's not right true! Now it has to be without emotion and just factual without explanation.

Sorry to hear of this.

First guffaw of the day - ' factual '. 😀

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

This is what I said, "Product is useless at what it is advertised as doing due to a very weak magnet."

I note other similar negative feedback was removed.

eBay is a corrupt company.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

This is what I said, "Product is useless at what it is advertised as doing due to a very weak magnet."

Did you contact the seller for a resolution?

Did you use the eBay Money back Guarantee?

Did the seller offer a return of the faulty item?

Not doing any of these may have been why the seller was able to have the neg removed... idk

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

--------------------

From what I can make out, that feedback should have been allowed to stay as it doesn't seem to break any of the feedback rules that I know of.

In the past, I think people would have said the feedback should only be about the transaction, not the item, but all that seems to have gone by the wayside now that people are allowed to give much longer feedback.

It's perfectly true by all accounts that some very big sellers do seem to be able to get feedback removed. I wouldn't say it is common and it doesn't apply to most sellers.

What I'd be doing though if I were you is opening an ebay claim for item not as described. You say the item cannot do what it was advertised to do. That's cause enough to open a claim. Should you be out of time (you only get 30 days for an ebay claim), perhaps you could open a paypal claim if you paid that way.

Don't return the item till the seller pays for return postage or issues you with a return label.

Don't close your claim till the matter is resolved and you have money back.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I am surprised too that they removed that feedback. I am not sure if power sellers really have more rights (I hope not!), but some time ago I noticed while looking at fb that the neg fb of a power seller (a really powerful power seller at that) seemed to have increased (different buyers, not the same buyer who had bought many items of course), and just a few days (well maybe a week - 10 days) later literally 80% of the neg fb had disappeared, including fb mentioning poor packaging, no communication etc. 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I agree entirely. A seller is using another seller's name illegally. I notified eBay, who did nothing but make noises about looking into it. I left feedback, letting buyers know, and it was removed by eBay. I briefly saw another buyer leave similar feedback, it was removed almost instantly. There are many more buyers being duped and still the bogus seller is "live" on eBay.

eBay seem not to give a stuff about warning buyers or shutting sham sellers down, hoping buyers will not demand a refund. This has made me wonder about using eBay and instead going directly to sellers. Cheaper fo me and cheaper for sellers!

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Exactly. Ebay has a fraudulent seller and has been notified, they have done nothing except remove honest negative feedback. The "seller" is still live with a reasonable feedback score, despite having another four honest negatives being deleted. Ebay are the real fraudsters!

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply