eBay stop this blatant lies. States item located in Australia but account is in China item in china

Why does eBay continue to allow Chinese business to miss represent themselves as being Australian.  Items state they are located in Australia but the account is held by a business in China. All products should be made to state very clearly if the product is Actually in stock and where that stock is actually located and being sent from..Goods deliberately being falsely advertised as being in stock in Australia should require an immediate ban on that user or business.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

eBay stop this blatant lies. States item located in Australia but account is in China item in china

eBay is an automated computer program with very few people.

Members join on a trust basis and are expected to follow the site rules.

But some blatantly have total disregard for the rules especially Asian members.

(Like certain products being sold on black markets that bring viruses into the modern world)

eBay do not become aware of problems unless someone reports it.

Did you report the listing ?

image host
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Unfortunately buyers need to check seller's feedback to find out where they are registered before buying. Some Chinese sellers do have warehousing facilities here but most do not carry all stock there.

Looking at the last 10 feedback left for you 9 of the sellers were registered in China/Hong Kong.

Edit to add. Most members here would say to be wary of any high-volume seller with less than 99.5% feedback.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Why do YOU keep supporting them?

9 out of 10 from China. You are helping keeping them in business by constantly buying from such sellers

Just because eBay 'allow' it does not mean keep on buying from such sellers and then post on the forum complaining about them

You can see where they are registered and their feedback warning about their lies but you choose to buy anyway

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Obviously you hae never bothered to fdo your due diligence prioe toi purchase.  Responers to these boards can only do so much.  If you contine to ignore, we cannt fprce you/

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

@time2fly0_0 wrote:

Why does eBay continue to allow Chinese business to miss represent themselves as being Australian.  Items state they are located in Australia but the account is held by a business in China. All products should be made to state very clearly if the product is Actually in stock and where that stock is actually located and being sent from..Goods deliberately being falsely advertised as being in stock in Australia should require an immediate ban on that user or business.

You're right.

Ebay isn't on top of the problem so you have to be.

Unfortunately, it means you'll need to do another click after viewing an ad, to see where the seller is located.

If they are overseas and the item is listed in Australia, give them a big miss.

If your item doesn't arrive in time and you belatedly find out the seller is overseas but the item is meant to be here in Australia, though you have your doubts, have no mercy. Open an item not received claim and follow through with it.

I have got to the stage I would generally pay a little more to an Australian seller. We've let so many industries here just die and we're seeing how useful local manufacturing is now, aren't we!

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

@time2fly0_0,

As a rule, I don't purchase from Chinese sellers.

I also give preference to items manufactured in the country of the brand.

Supporting locally made products is also important. We need our craftsmen and I cannot be the only person who values the sort of durable quality that comes from the work of a craftsmen who is proud of his or her workmanship.

You have the power to choose from which seller you will buy. If the cheapest price is your overriding reason for buying, it's London to a brick that you'll be purchasing low quality goods from Chinese sellers in the main. If, however, you value having a warranty, want the item to be genuine and not unbranded, and want to have a legal remedy if the specifications of the goods aren't as stated, besides wanting to support Australian sellers, you will take other factors into consideration than merely the price.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Who is "miss represent" lol

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

there are Chinese sellers that have stock in Australia, check out their delivery dates and if they are around 10 days with Australia post they are more tan likely to have stock of the item in Australia.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@gem-boy-g wrote:

there are Chinese sellers that have stock in Australia, check out their delivery dates and if they are around 10 days with Australia post they are more tan likely to have stock of the item in Australia.

That's true, but I guess the underlying consideration is the item itself. If we are comparing identical items, then sometimes buying from China might be fine. Or from an overseas seller with stock here.

But where possible, I would still prefer to support an Australian made item or one where the money stays in this country. 

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply