eBay won't give me a refund. - just wants to lodge a dispute. not good enough

andball
Community Member

Within 10 mins. or paying with paypal for an item - their ebay website page stated delivery 11 to 18 September. That was fine. But then order shows order comes from China (I am in Australia)

and delivery wil be in November sometime. Not acceptable to me.  I phoned chatted online to ebay but they wont issue a refund -- will just lodge a dispute.  i find this response unsatisfactory.  What can I do.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Best way is not to buy off sellers in China, it is shown where the seller is registered before you buy

What was the item number?

Have you contacted the actual seller and asked to cancel if they lied about where the item is located?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@andball wrote:

Within 10 mins. or paying with paypal for an item - their ebay website page stated delivery 11 to 18 September. That was fine. But then order shows order comes from China (I am in Australia)

and delivery wil be in November sometime. Not acceptable to me.  I phoned chatted online to ebay but they wont issue a refund -- will just lodge a dispute.  i find this response unsatisfactory.  What can I do.

You can wait until you are able to open a dispute. eBay won't (nor should they) unilaterally cancel a transaction because you didn't do your due diligence prior to purchasing.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You have to open a dispute before you can get a refund.

Ebay is only following proceedure.....you should have accepted the offer of ebay opening the dispute.  It would have been quicker than waiting till you could open one yourself.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

thanks for your reply.  I contacted seller and they were good enough to refund my payment.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply