ebay/pitneybowes STOLE my purchse.

I bought a piece of Jade paid postage and then got an email saying that they would not ship it nor return to seller, this straiggt out theft. There is no resolution vecause ebay says we will forward your complaint tto a team just for that and the send a BS email/message stating the item was valuable or faulty/damaged and therefor they chose not to ship or return. Questions

1) What is PB's role?, to ship, not to open parcels and see if they are valuable, faulty or damaged.

2) What right do they have to take mail out of any postal system?, fairly certain it is a crime.

3) Why is ebay complicit in the theft of their customers property, once paud it is the buyers property.

This is criminal behaviour, putting funds back into my account to steal an item that is of more value to me than what i paid is not protecting me and the seller as they claim it is stealing. There was and is no contract i made with pitneybowes to sell my item to them. Ebay shame on you!

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Um... you received a refund.

Sorry your item was not able to be shipped to you.

Some items are prohibited & when this is the case GSP issues you a refund.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Is Jade a prohibited item ??

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Is Jade a prohibited item ??

Hmmm, maybe if it's a Jade knife Dom.......(don't think they make Jade guitars though)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Gawd - not a Jade Harp??

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

@schweizer,

I feel your pain.

Unfortunately Pitney Bowes are notorious for refusing to forward items that most of us would say do not pose a threat and shouldnโ€™t be on the โ€œforbiddenโ€ list. However, their T and Cs spell out that they decide at their discretion what is deliverable and what is not. Butter knives and drums and guitars have been coming up in this โ€œcategoryโ€ for years.

It isnโ€™t considered mail interference or theft; again, read the Global Shipping Program help page T&Cs. They will repackage at their warehouse/depot.

You wonโ€™t be able to fight this. Itโ€™s a painโ€ฆ very annoyingโ€ฆ but youโ€™ll need to look again for another seller of your jade item, and perhaps use a parcel forwarder instead of selecting your Australian address. Make sure beforehand the the carrier used by parcel forwarder will indeed have no issues with jade items.

Good luck; hopefully you can use that sort of solution to avoid a repeat of this.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

@schweizer,

I feel your pain.

What ???

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

Never mind a jade harp.

Wait till you know who gets a sniff of a GSP post.๐Ÿ˜…

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Yep - we can look forward to a ' real interesting ' discussion. ๐Ÿ˜€

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

Iโ€™m feeling the pain. Itโ€™s so illogical. Something made out of jade isnโ€™t likely to make a buyer think โ€œOh, itโ€™s probably restricted.โ€ It just doesnโ€™t present logically as dangerous! Just because of the USโ€™s history of banning ruby and jadeite extracted from Burma/Myanmar, and then in 2016 lifting the ban, which was then brought back after the Myanmar coup (in changed form), no one knows what the heck is going on with those gems. Itโ€™s entirely political, not based on a perceived hazard, and itโ€™s not restricted by Australian Customs to the best of my knowledge.

But as we know, PB just unilaterally ban items based on their perception of whatโ€™s banned, even when it doesnโ€™t apply to buyers here.

PBโ€™s illogical embargoes on what they will ship are a pain. Experienced buyers that post on these boards know about those restrictions and what might fall under the list of things not to risk buying through sellers using the GSP, but weโ€™ll see buyers coming to these boards time and again who donโ€™t know that those arbitrary (and never seen) lists of restricted items just wonโ€™t make it to them.

The only thing we can offer those buyers is knowledge and a warning that itโ€™s not an isolated incident, and that thereโ€™s no point in railing at PB, and telling the buyers to seek an alternative way of getting their items. Probably best to avoid ruby and jade purchases from the US if going through the GSPโ€ฆ entirely.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply