ebay/pitneybowes STOLE my purchse.

I bought a piece of Jade paid postage and then got an email saying that they would not ship it nor return to seller, this straiggt out theft. There is no resolution vecause ebay says we will forward your complaint tto a team just for that and the send a BS email/message stating the item was valuable or faulty/damaged and therefor they chose not to ship or return. Questions

1) What is PB's role?, to ship, not to open parcels and see if they are valuable, faulty or damaged.

2) What right do they have to take mail out of any postal system?, fairly certain it is a crime.

3) Why is ebay complicit in the theft of their customers property, once paud it is the buyers property.

This is criminal behaviour, putting funds back into my account to steal an item that is of more value to me than what i paid is not protecting me and the seller as they claim it is stealing. There was and is no contract i made with pitneybowes to sell my item to them. Ebay shame on you!

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

It is the jade itself which is prohibited in the US. Raw uncut jadeโ€ฆ repairs to damaged jade jewelleryโ€ฆ new jade jewelleryโ€ฆ estate  jewellery with jadeโ€ฆ ALL jadeite and ruby. The prohibition is political, and bans jade that was extracted from Burma/Myanmar. Without definite proof (to the specific high standard required by the US) of exactly where it was extracted, all jade is assumed to be from Burma/Myanmar. 

Pitney Bowes will apply this prohibition to all jade, even when the country of destination has no prohibition. That is, they simply act as if a US political prohibition is a universal shipping prohibition. You canโ€™t convince them otherwise. 

As davewil has said, you must avoid sellers where the search results show listings with the phrase Customs Service and international tracking provided. That means the GSP.

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

I hope USPS shipping to Australia will resume soon. Right now we don't have many choices. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

Sorry for adding another message, but I can't edit my previous one any more. (I think it would be nice if they increased the time limit to edit a message by a few minutes...)

Anyway, I think this still works, but not many sellers seem to use it?

eBay international standard delivery | eBay

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

happens

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

Duh.

This helps the OP how?

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

I think that when the Pitney Bowes GSP attatches itself to someone's sale. seller should get an automatic warning that this is happening and a list of prohibited items comes up. So much time has been lost and both sellers and buyers have been affected.

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

I think that buyers should actually read the listings. That would reduce stress. And also show that the buyer can read.

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

Well, buyers should read listings yes. But with Pitney Bowes, incidents like the one described here cannot be foreseen. Things that one would think can sail through customs get confiscated by Pitney Bowes.  And it appears it's a learning process with no previous precedent!

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

4channel, while I donโ€™t see a need for a pop-up warning (and I canโ€™t imagine eBay warning buyers about something they actually recommend to sellers and have enabled by default), a thorough list of whatโ€™s prohibited would not be a bad idea.

It would probably not be something that eBay would set up, for obvious reasons (one of which being that itโ€™s PB who will make the โ€œprohibitedโ€ decision, not eBay), and I donโ€™t think that PB feel any need (or have any desire) to provide that information to buyers โ€” again, for obvious reasons (including its not being their legal obligation, and presumably some the financial benefit gained).

As long as PB give a disclaimer in their T&Cs, and they even mention something about its being at their sole discretion (i.e., purely arbitrary), theyโ€™ve done whatโ€™s legally required.

Thatโ€™s certainly one good reason to use a parcel forwarder.

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply