ebay plus monthly $5.00 voucher on any purchase

dalmarg
Community Member

I have elected to discontinue by annual ebay plus subscription because of the miserable attitude by ebay. 

Ebay previously offered a $5.00 voucher to be spent on ANY purchase above $10.00 then they changed that to $15.00 and now it has been raised to $35.00  I've finished with ebay plus. I will still shop on ebay mostly from non ebay plus sellers whereas previously I always bought something monthly with the $5.00 voucher. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

That's nice

It is 100% up to you who you choose to buy from

Really not something you need to be telling other members, we don't benefit from your purchases 

Not sure why you are blaming 'eBay Plus sellers' for what eBay themselves do 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

This is the way of the world I am afraid, dalmarg.

Either prices go up or else the benefits go down once you are a regular customer.

The big discounts are often given to the new customers.

I never even realised ebay plus customers got a $5 voucher each month.  Taking the minimum spend from $15 to $35 was quite a hike. I would have thought maybe $25.

Obviously, ebay was subsidising this discount, Maybe it got a bit expensive for them, especially at the $10 min spend offer.

Most sellers, at least from what I can make out with the products I usually look at, are not in ebay plus anyway. If you only buy what you want to buy, you won't be actively searching for ebay plus sellers where you can use a voucher, so you may end up just as well off.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply