ebay unreasonalble postage

why has ebay made the postage so unreasonable and inconsistant from the USA. It would appear that the seller has not

controll over this as it is you service centre that sets the rates. I recently purchased three of the same items and was charged

all different rates being $100 between the highest and lowest.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

eBay don't set the postage rates. The seller in conjunction with the postal service do.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think you are a bit confused.....ebay has bought the fee structure on postage into line with the USA.  Fees will now be charged on the postage component of the transaction as the USA has been doing for some time.  How is that inconsistent?

Or do you mean something else?

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@juliemax3 wrote:
I recently purchased three of the same items and was charged all different rates being $100 between the highest and lowest.

The only way you can compare postage rates in this case is if the items are coming from the same location using the same postal service with the same additional services such as Signature on Delivery and Insurance.

Is this the case?

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I will hazard a guess that they are coming through the GSP.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I am guessing that some items are coming through the GSP and some aren't Dave....I wonder if the OP will let us know

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

How many guesses do we get?

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Three, Crikey. You should know that by now ๐Ÿ˜› it's the industry standard ๐Ÿ˜‰

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

well then, I'm going to guess that some are coming through the GSP, some through USPS with a further clarification that a price variance will be evident due to seller discretion at what price they decide to charge for postage

so My guess is

C, all of the above, plus seller discretion

so lock in C Eddie

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Why do items that are going through the GSP end up with the USPS?

It would be cheaper for sellers to just use the USPS themselves.

Some big sellers in the US have some listings with GSP and then other listings for the same item with USPS and there is about $80.00 difference in quoted posted between the two items.

Postage is so confusing from the US at the moment. 

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply