embargo restriction

Hi,

Does anyone know if Australia currently have embargo on cargoes from pakistan? I ask because I've just recently ordered a large harp from pakistan but just before the date the seller promised to ship the item he msged me saying that his airline notified him that due to embargo restriction that Australian goverment has imposed my harp will be on hold. Just a week ago that same person reassured me that I'd be able to receive the harp by next week now he's changing his words. Did Australia recently impose any new sanctions? When I searched some flights from Australia to pakistan it still seemed airlines were accepting flights from pakistan

Message 1 of 272
Latest reply
271 REPLIES 271

embargo restriction

No idea on the embargo.

Read the eBay Money Back Guarantee & use it to protect yourself.

Stop communicating with the seller.

Message 2 of 272
Latest reply

embargo restriction

Do you think the seller is a scam? The thing is I have never used money back guarantee to get my refunds. If I cannot get the instrument by the expected date, which is 22nd of dec, can I open case for item not received, to get my miney back? Also this instrument is to be picked up at the airport myself. Even if the instrument arrives at the airport I am reliant on the seller's instruction on how to pick up the instrument at the airport. But as seller seem to be changing his words and not being truthful, I cannot trust this seller anymore

Message 3 of 272
Latest reply

embargo restriction

In my personal opinion, it sounds like a ten foot tall story

Picking it up the airport yourself?   I honestly have never heard of that one before ....... for one thing, you could be being sent anything with the harp

Not sure how that would work re customs on our end, or that the airport has a 'click and collect' point for purchases from overseas?

I could be wrong but that stinks of fish to me

I could be wrong, but I would'nt be taking the chance

What is the seller's feedback like?

Message 4 of 272
Latest reply

embargo restriction

Seller reassured me that lot of people from Australia have veen ordering harp from them and also on their youtube review people say they've picked their harp up from airport and paid the customs themselves. The seller said he will provide me with detailed instruction on how to pickup the harp from airport when it arrives in sydney but I cannot trust what he's saying to me anymore

Message 5 of 272
Latest reply

embargo restriction

Can you provide the item#?

Agree with sandy... too many red flags.

You can use the MBG one day after the last estimated delivery date.

Message 6 of 272
Latest reply

embargo restriction

The whole thing stinks for any/every which way IMHO

The was a story about a couple of years ago

https://reesharps.com/rees-harps-blogish/2019/2/10/harp-fraud-alert-please-spread-the-word

May or may not be somehow related, but even if one has nothing to do with the other .....

nope nope nope

Simply does not sound right to me 

Message 7 of 272
Latest reply

embargo restriction

It's mikel 38 from mikel harp pakistan

To reassure me that picking up from airport is norm he sent me a link to this youtube video

https://youtu.be/giHjCpeux7o

He also stated that the man in the video is Gordon johnston a renowned musician

Message 8 of 272
Latest reply

embargo restriction

Could not find the ID... a mod will probably remove the id... not allowed.

Please provide the item# halfway down the listing on RHS.

Message 9 of 272
Latest reply

embargo restriction

The seller only has 13 feedback in the past 12 months and one of those was a neg

Not great really 

The brand might be fine, but the seller's rating is very very average at best

Message 10 of 272
Latest reply