fake paypal emails

Just a warning to everyone. Over the past few days I have received fake pay pal emails. They are from services@intpaypal.com.au and all have payment to dear-blossom. I did not click on them and double checked my paypal account and no payment there. 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

fake paypal emails

They do the rounds here and there.

For anyone else reading here, DO NOT click on links. Always check PayPal and ebay directly by using the correct URL (email address).

You can forward them to spoof@paypal.com.au

You can also add the address to your blocked email list and delete.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

fake paypal emails

yea, forwarded mine to spoof yesterday, (cheeky buggas

Signatures suck.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

fake paypal emails

I've been receiving these emails for a couple of weeks now.  I just send them to Paypal, then mark them as a phising scam.  They then just disappear from my inbox.

You are never fully dressed until you put a smile on your face.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

fake paypal emails

Apparently I keep paying Microsoft $169 several times a day via paypal

It's annoying

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

fake paypal emails

Since I gave Hotmail away, I have yet to get any spam in my inbox. I do seem to average about three a month automatically going to my spam folder, but as I don't have to look at them unless I choose, they don't exert me too much.

OP - Paypal use SERVICE@, not serviceS@. Plus, if you hover your mouse over any links you will see the true link. Which generally doesn't have any relationship to the purported sender.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

fake paypal emails

gaal4ria
Community Member

recieved a paypal account email today from paypalobjects.com -   Service@intpaypal.com Adam@Amanda,manopo.com for a iphone 6 $863.98 suppose to have bought it from a seller by the name of Alie XY , My Mcfee Security stated it was fishing not to open email. i rang the bank and cancelled my credit account, will ring payPal today. as I was unable to use my phone being away in the bush with no phone covarage. scam scam

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

fake paypal emails

It was a bit of overreaction to cancel your account.

It was just a phishing email which you did not fall for.

If I had cancelled my bank accounts every time I received one of those emails I would have lost track of which accounts were in use and which were cancelled.

If you just ignore them and/or send them to spoof@paypal.com.au they will eventually stop.  I only get them very occasionally now.

Don't bother to ring paypal....they can't/won't do anything unless you send the email to spoof@paypal.com.au

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply