Item not received - from <Removed>

Hello All,

I'm having a grumble here about an item - 3 kg of organic turmeric to be precise - that was bought from <Removed> and has not been received.  Ordered on June 18 but wishing to be fair to the seller we waited and waited for the item to turn up.  Checked the tracking number with our local post office only to be told it wasn't an Australian number.  Have emailed <Removed> a number of times and apparently they can't read as no response to any email.

I've been in touch with ebay customer service who have referred me to Paypal disputes but I'm beginning to think that <Removed> is $34 (and four cents!) better off while we're that amount worse off. 

<Removed> is the first buyer we've dealt with on ebay to not deliver and not respond to emails. 

Oh well, grumble over!

camooweal44

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Did you pay by Paypal? If so open a dispute for "item not received" with them and you'll get your money back.

Judging by the amount of negs they've got in the last month something has gone badly wrong with them.

By the way you're not allowed to name and shame other members on the forums so the moderators will probably remove the sellers name shortly. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Oh dear, 83 negs in the last month compared with few negs previously.

Definitely looks like something unfortunate has happened to the seller.

Good thing they don't have items up for sale any longer.

image host
Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

Hi Kopes...........................a lot of the positives mentioned INR as well so it's even worse than it looks.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

I didn't see who it was before the name was removed, but if they've got that many negs in the last month and very few previously, then it does seem a bit concerning that something has happened to the seller. There needs to be something in eBay whereby if a seller does die or becomes incapacitated, a family member can contact them and say this has happened, please end all listings and refund any buyers who's items haven't been sent yet.

Maybe in the personal details section could be a section for naming someone that can legally do this, so a competitor doesn't just come along and end someone's listings. The named family member would have to be phone verified, so they can be contacted by eBay to confirm that there is in fact an issue with the seller. Maybe that would work, but there should be some workable way that a family member can get the listings ended and affected buyers refunded.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

That sounds like a good idea, Tippy Toes! 

camooweal44

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

Padi 0409, no we don't 'do' PayPal so shall just have to wave goodbye to the $34.  We've ordered four other things off ebay since and all have arrived, one arrived almost before we'd finished ordering it was so fast!

Apologies for naming the person involved when I shouldn't have too.

camooweal44

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

@camooweal44 wrote:

Padi 0409, no we don't 'do' PayPal so shall just have to wave goodbye to the $34. 

That of course is your choice, but it leaves you in a position where you have no protection with either eBay or Paypal if you have a problem with a transaction on eBay, be it "not received" or "not as described/faulty".

The other advantage with Paypal is that now a lot of companies are using it which saves you having to either do a bank transfer or give your credit card details to someone. 

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Padi 0490, when you say not being with PayPal leaves us with no protection, does that also include contacting ebay within the 30 days after ordering an item???  A friend used PayPal with ebay then gave it away after a few years and it's due to that that we never bothered to sign on with PP.

Thanks to those who responded to my grumble by the way!

camooweal44

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

@camooweal44 wrote:

Padi 0490, when you say not being with PayPal leaves us with no protection, does that also include contacting ebay within the 30 days after ordering an item??? 

You can contact eBay about a problem with an item but because you haven't paid with Paypal or used a merchant credit facility that the seller may have, eBay will not help you with their Money Back Guarantee.

Capture.PNG

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply