false advertising

ccafc1
Community Member

how can eBay allow sellers to misslead buyers by saying that they are fast and free.

I made a purchase saying that it would arrive by the 19th March  a few days after i made the purchase from Australia only to find out this week that due to Covic 19,items from China could be delayed.

I could have got the item cheaper from a chinese buyer but thought that buying from Australia and paying more that i would get it a lot quicker. eBay seems to becoming a good place for scammers and people with bad business practises.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

false advertising

The dates are inserted by eBay and are 'best case guesses'

The seller you have left the neg for is registered in The Philippines and their feedback is utterly horrid 

I think there is a 'report item location misrepresention' somewhere, but as I don't buy from such sellers, I do not know exactlty where

Buying from a seller like this is very rarely going to end well

NOT an Australian seller at all

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

false advertising

Sympathy have I none.

Six years later you continue to buy from Asia based sellers without looking at their poor feedback or where they are registered.

Something about doing the same thing again & again & expecting a different result comes to mind...

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

false advertising

I can't see what you bought or the actual ad but I did look up your feedback.

From what i can see, all the ads from that seller now say the location is in China, but if the ad you bought from said Australia that is misleading. So you would have done right in my eyes to give a neg, based on an item late because a seller gave a false location.

As someone else said, you can report it.

You are right, it is usually better to buy from Australia if you can, in most cases it would reach you earlier.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

false advertising

Ineed

Happy to keep such sellers in business by constantly buying, but why does'nt EBAY do something about them still being in business 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

false advertising

Ebay Australia can only report the sellers to their own site.....and the Chinese/Malaysian/etc etc sites do absolutely nothing

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply