goods blocked by customs

I’ve now purchased a similar product ( ceiling hook for hanging lights or potted plants)   
both sellers are returning due to the product not getting through Australian customs. 
It’s powder coated aluminium. 
first seller contacted me with the issue after a week from purchase. The other the next day where it would not have had time to be sent let alone reach customs. 
here’s their message. Is it a scam? 
“Dear valued customer, sorry to bother you, thanks for your interest in the item.Your Package did not pass customs inspection, so return back. We can help you cancel your order and give you a full refund. We have left a positive review for you,Apologize again, looking forward to your soon reply.reagrds”

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goods blocked by customs

A buyer is not able to cancel an order - only a seller can do that.  Just make sure you get your refunds.

I would look for something similar from an Australian seller.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

goods blocked by customs

To me it sounds like they cannot supply the item and want you to cancel so as not give them a selling defect.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

goods blocked by customs

A buyer is not able to cancel an order - only a seller can do that.  Just make sure you get your refunds.

I would look for something similar from an Australian seller.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

goods blocked by customs

Sounds like you should stop buying from dodgy sellers in China 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

goods blocked by customs

This is technically true but as a seller it is better for a buyer to ask for it to be cancelled then a seller to cancel.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

goods blocked by customs

Just open cases for Items Not Received and get your money back.

These hooks are available at places like Bunnings - why would you buy from random Chinese sellers?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply