goods not received .

dynyashar
Community Member

I paid ebay commerce to buy a desktop heater on 20/11/22. I have not received any confirmation of despatching. I need it urgently. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

goods not received .

You are in the public forums - nobody here can make the seller send it.

1) Not all sellers mark their items as sent.

2) Also, some sellers have several days handling time before dispatch.

When you look at the transaction - what are the estimated delivery dates? That will give you some idea of when it might arrive.

If it hasn't turned up by the last ETA, you can open a case for Not Received.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

goods not received .

If it's from the last seller to leave you feedback, they are registered in Singapore with around 3 weeks delivery.

Their feedback isn't great either at 98.1%.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

goods not received .

It hasn’t even been one business week and you bought it from a seller who is in Singapore

Even if it does show up, it is not going to be safe/up to Australian standards

You also paid the seller, eBay does not sell anything, they are an advertising platform

Given the seller’s feedback, for something you need urgently, you have chosen to take a huge, huge gamble time wise and safety wise

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

goods not received .

I agree with Sandy that there might be safety issues.

I checked a random item from that seller. The listing says:

- Due to stock status and time differences, we will choose to ship your item from our first available warehouse for fast delivery

- Delivery time depends on destination and other factors and might take up to 20 business days.

I would honesty have run away as fast as possible from such a seller! Time differences within Australia? Destination and other factors? They should be honest and say that the item will most likely have to arrive from overseas. But of course they wouldn't do that. And once it arrives from overseas, they will most probably use Aramex. Good luck!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

goods not received .

This is a perfect example of how buyers can easily be misled about items on ebay.

I had a look at what I think may be the heater ad.

Big banner across the top of the first photo, saying Australia and a tick saying Australian stock.

Listed as located in Regents Park, Sydney.

Delivery date not long away. On the current  heater ad I saw, it said Fri 2nd Dec to Wed 7 Dec. Given this is 29 Nov, that's pretty good and wouldn't lead anyone to suppose it is stock located overseas.

It is a seller with many thousands of sales under the belt. 

The ad also mentions, first up, safety features. 'Safety is guaranteed' , fire retardant etc

It mentions specifics about the guarantee for the item.

It says if the buyer is not satisfied, they can return the item within 30 days

The red flags for more experienced buyers would be the fact it also mentions that the buyer is responsible for any extra duty or customs tax and as papermoon lady said, the wording suggests there are various warehouses and some stock is probably overseas.

Plus of course the seller is in Singapore, but  the ad itself doesn't say that.

Another red flag is the wording. You can tell English isn't the writer's first language, which would make some of us check seller location.

Dynyashar, have a look at your purchase history and the ad you bought from. If the estimated delivery date has passed, do as has been suggested and open an item not received claim with ebay.

Keep monitoring it till you can claim your money back. Will take a few days.

Do not close the case, no matter what the seller might say or promise.

I agree with you that if you bought on 20/11, then it should have been sent now as it specifically says the item will be sent within 24-48 hours of payment received.

Any experienced seller should mark an item as sent, if only to reassure buyers.

If the item does arrive and you are not happy with it eg it isn't working properly, you can make an ebay claim for a faulty item and you do not have to pay to post it back first. The seller would have to give you a postage label as after all, it is labelled as Australian stock.

In future, don't buy electrical or electronic items on ebay, it just isn't the best place for that sort of purchase.

And if something is urgent, it is probably better to buy from a real shop.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply