hi have been charged $15 postage when actual post cost is $7:20. Should i contact seller

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: hi have been charged $15 postage when actual post cost is $7:20. Should i contact seller

Don't sweat it too much quartz, I had no idea myself 'til I started selling here earlier this year.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: hi have been charged $15 postage when actual post cost is $7:20. Should i contact seller

What was the item packaged in ... a box or a plastic satchel?

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Irrespective of the new fees, if the seller used recycled packaging, the packaging was sloppy and/or the parcel wasn't registered then I'd be suspicious too.  Not knowing all the details, in this case it's hard to assess if the OP was overcharged or not.

I have a list of sellers I've dealt with who overcharged on postage or didn't pack items properly....as a reminder not to buy from them ever again.  And just to keep things equal I also have a list of sellers who take a guestimate on postage costs....and refund the excess if it turns out to cost less.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Not a good idea to do partial refunds (via paypal anyway) as that will count against you on eBay now as well. (they see refunds/partial refunds as a negative/defect).

Also you do not get partial eBay fees back for doing the 'right thing' either...

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

I recently paid $20 for postage that actually cost $6.

Items were sent in an ordinary paper A4 envelope had it gotten wet would have ruined the contents.

I did think that was a little rich but I wanted the items so I just put on my big girl pants & sucked it up lol 

🙂

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply