how do I report a seller who reviews his own items

How do I report a seller who gives excellent reviews to his own products using one of his other trading names but the same address.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Anyone can review a product....the seller is probably to best person to do so.

Or do you mean one ID is leaving FEEDBACK for another ID owned by the same seller?  That is a no no but if you know that it is left by the same person then he is not very good at it.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I mean one ID is leaving a review (not feedback that I know of) for another ID owned by the same seller. I agree that they are not good at it as both their IDs sell similar products. I twigged when I saw they both have the same address. There are only two reviews on the items page and the other one is terrible so they put theirs on to get better a rating.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

If it's just a review/guide. then anyone can write them.

No policy to say you can't, that I can find.  

http://www.ebay.com.au/gds

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

look, i was just standing there as you do doing my doings when i simply glanced down to, well make sure everything was 'in order'

i wasnt reviewing them, honest.

btw, how did you know?

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Well if it is just writing a review of the product then I sincerely hope you have not reported the seller.  He is absolutely not doing anything wrong.

I am not a seller but I have often been asked by ebay to write a review of a product I have bought.

You have completely misunderstood my remark about the seller not being good at it.  That was in reference to leaving feedback for another one of his IDs.   If you know he has done that then he is not good at it.

I suggest you understand the rules before reporting anybody.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Some of my best reviews are my own Woman Wink

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I was just wondering where on ebay you can see reviews for products, I haven't come across that section.

I often look at seller feedback but it would be interesting to see reviews of products, although I do agree with the original post that a review by the seller himself is more likely to amount to an ad rather than an all round 'review' as such.

I often go to the site productreview to look at reviews. Anyone associated with a product is not supposed to write a review about it on that site, though they can respond to reviews, and some buyers verify their purchases to the site (with receipts or photos or copies of emails etc) so you'll know it is a genuine buyer.

Whether you agree or not with their comments is another thing. It is a bit like ebay in you have to exercise judgement about how much notice you will take of any particular review.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Springy,  I put the link in earlier for produc guides/reviews

http://www.ebay.com.au/gds

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply