how do I see or recover a note that I added to an offer I made on an item which was accepted??

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

how do I see or recover a note that I added to an offer I made on an item which was accepted??

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why do you need it?

If the seller has accepted your offer without countering then it is al good.

As far as I am aware there is no record of offers kept by ebay so you would have to ask the seller.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Why do you need it?

If the seller has accepted your offer without countering then it is al good.

As far as I am aware there is no record of offers kept by ebay so you would have to ask the seller.

There's an annoying quirk with offers whereby an item can be listed with free shipping, but when you make an offer to the seller for it, eBay displays a little blurb stating your offer doesn't include the shipping price, which doesn't really make sense.

So when making an offer, you might include a note to the seller saying the amount offered is based on it being a "P&H inclusive" price, to counteract eBay's silly message.  

If the seller accepts the offer but claims postage isn't included as per eBay's line of text, you would probably like to be able to prove that P&H being included was a condition of your offer. But eBay don't seem to include a copy of the note in the email confirmtion they send to the buyer of an offer they've made.  It seems to be an oversight, as a message from the seller does get copied into a confirmation email received by the buyer.

There are a few other scenarios I can think of where you might want to show what you'd noted on an offer that's been accepted, but the postage thing is the main one.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply