how do i claim an ebay add fraud? i bought an item with 2 years warranty but they wont accept

i bought an item and the add states 2 years warranty, and when i ask for a replacement or getting it fixed there answer was "we can not do that". can they be reported to ebay at all? 

TIA

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

how do i claim an ebay add fraud? i bought an item with 2 years warranty but they wont accept

yeah i sent a complain to consumers affairs, ebay is an australian company and should crack down on false advertisement.

thanks for your help guys..

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Is the seller an authorised seller or re-seller of the item/brand? And registered in Australia? 

If not, there is no warranty of any kind and never was, just a word on a screen

As goes for any listing that claims there is a warranty if the seller is not authorised to sell the item/brand

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

A warranty on Ebay is pretty worthless.

How long ago did you buy it? If it was within the last 6 months, you may be able to raise a Paypal claim.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

yeah i sent a complain to consumers affairs, ebay is an australian company and should crack down on false advertisement.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I suspect that unless the seller is an Australian company or an authorised reseller of the product (as said before) the CA will not be interested in your complaint. CA has no jurisdiction over sellers overseas claiming valid warranties on their products.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@brontobyteitservices wrote:

What a waste of time....ebay does not sell anything and does not give a warranty on anything.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Of course you can. If the seller does not comply with promises made in the listing for the item. You can claim that the item is not as described in the listing.

Just go to the resolution center and open a case for the item. explain to the seller why the item is not as described, and make any references to communications you have had with the seller within eBay. 

Make sure you double check what you are stating in the resolution center before you ask eBay to "step in", make sure you dot the i's and cross all the T's especiall during the January-February mercury retrograde cycle. You can make many contract based mistakes during such a period. And it happens 4 times a year!

It's best to not even arrange purchases during those times of the year. Especially purchases that involve electronics or essential items you require to be delivered on time, or delivered at all!

Never trust a seller to conduct business outside eBay, especially do not agree to give them money when they want your money outside the checkout process.

To return an item back to the seller, you must conform to the sellers return policy as it is stated in the original listing! make sure you read the original listing and look at the section pertaining to returning the item (if there is such a section).

If there is no section then you need to show any seller information regarding "2 years warranty" on the item, and what the sellers responsibility is relavant to honoring the warranty.

Also make sure that you take a snapshot of the webpage of the original listing in case you need to report your case to the ACCC. if you perceive ebay has not acted accordingly.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

You don't know for sure if it is a waste of time.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

You can also put a stop payment through your credit card company. At least with Visa you can, and if you can prove you were frauded, tthey will refund you in full under $100. 

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

It shows that the issue was resolved. What exactly was resolved.

Did you get your money back?

Did ebay get a slap on the wrist from the ACCC?

Did the seller concead and honour your warranty claims?

What happened?

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply