how do i claim an ebay add fraud? i bought an item with 2 years warranty but they wont accept

i bought an item and the add states 2 years warranty, and when i ask for a replacement or getting it fixed there answer was "we can not do that". can they be reported to ebay at all? 

TIA

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: how do i claim an ebay add fraud? i bought an item with 2 years warranty but they wont accept

@ep000001 wrote:

You don't know for sure if it is a waste of time.

True, but as the OP is talking about a warranty claim I assume he is way past the ebay 30 day limit to make a claim.

Although paypal has 180 days to make a claim, that claim is for the condition of the item when it arrived.....not after the OP has used it for however long it has been used.

I suggest you learn a bit more about ebay and how it works, with prticular reference to time frames for claims etc.

The OP has not been specific as to why he wants to claim under a warranty but I would assume it is s while since the item was paid for so it would seem to be too late for a credit card chargeback.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Re: how do i claim an ebay add fraud? i bought an item with 2 years warranty but they wont accept

This is not about assumptions.

I asked the questions to clarify the case.

You can assume all you like, however you don't know for sure.

Stop assuming, and talking to me as though I am an idiot.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Then stop behaving like one!

THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE - FACT

Warranty on eBay is not worth the paper it is claimed to be written on.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

What is the January-February mercury retrograde cycle? I had not heard of it before this.

Like lyndal, when I read the question about warranty, I assumed the purchase had to have been a while ago and something had now broken down within the 2 year 'warranty' period. Which would most likely put it well beyond the ebay claim time frame and maybe paypal's as well.

Unfortunately, one thing I have learnt from reading the boards is that warranties offered are often useless. This sort of 'ad fraud' if you like, is rife.

The one thing I would do if I bought something that wasn't fit for purpose and the seller would do nothing to help me is look to the time frames. If it was still in the 180 days for paypal, I'd try for a claim. I know that it is meant to be only for items not received and as described but I'd be putting in a claim all the same, saying whatever I had to say to get my money back if i could.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Hi springy

I Googled...as soon as I saw Astrology I left.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Springy, the nutters seem to think that when Mercury is on the down cycle (meaning it gets lower in the sky each day), that all sorts of things happen to their wellbeing. They can get depressed, they could want to kill themselves, plants in the gardens start dying, pets run away from home, the car starts rusting, windows get cracks in them. The list is endless. 

The funny thing is, when the nutters are professing that Mercury is in retrograde, it's actually in antegrade, not retrograde.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Springy, the nutters seem to think that when Mercury is on the down cycle (meaning it gets lower in the sky each day), that all sorts of things happen to their wellbeing. They can get depressed, they could want to kill themselves, plants in the gardens start dying, pets run away from home, the car starts rusting, windows get cracks in them. The list is endless. 

The funny thing is, when the nutters are professing that Mercury is in retrograde, it's actually in antegrade, not retrograde.

Ah, the makings of a good Country song then?

Image result for smiley cowboy hat guitar gif

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply