how do i get ebay to step in on a dispute?

I have had some boots delivered that look nothing like the pic, typical Chinese rubbish so I raised a return which was granted.  Seller said no worries send them back and I will provide a refund.  I am in in Australia and to send them back would be $32, boots were $54, asked seller to pay, she agreed, now she has come back and said she doesnt want to and can I just ake $20 which leaves me out of pocket because of her lies and stuff up, AND her listing is still up!  When I try to get ebay ton intervene, it says that the return has been started then there is nowhere else to go so seller is just letting it go until it runs out of date, what can I do please?  Cant find contact details for ebay or anything anywhere!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@jake6881 wrote:

I have had some boots delivered that look nothing like the pic, typical Chinese rubbish so I raised a return which was granted.  Seller said no worries send them back and I will provide a refund.  I am in in Australia and to send them back would be $32, boots were $54, asked seller to pay, she agreed, now she has come back and said she doesnt want to and can I just ake $20 which leaves me out of pocket because of her lies and stuff up, AND her listing is still up!  When I try to get ebay ton intervene, it says that the return has been started then there is nowhere else to go so seller is just letting it go until it runs out of date, what can I do please?  Cant find contact details for ebay or anything anywhere!

So you opened an item not as described case? If so that's the correct thing to do. I'll wait for the experts to give you detailed information about time frames etc. But if the seller doesn't respond to the case, Ebay will provide you with a return label and bill the seller. But don't return it at your own expense. The seller may decide to refund you in full and let you keep the item rather than pay costly return postage. I just need the experts to step in to give you accurate advice how to proceed from here

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Because eBay phone support is down at present (due to the COVID-19 pandemic), your only option to contact eBay via chat support.

Link is at the bottom of the Help page.

🗪 Chat with us
            We're available from 8am to 8pm AET
            Monday to Friday, and 9am to 7pm AET
            Saturday and Sunday.

You'll have to explain very clearly, and ask to chat with a supervisor (if one is available) if the chat support person cannot help.
State that the seller refuses to provide you with return postage label - and has specifically stated that she refuses to pay for your return postage - and that eBay return postage label can't be used as it's not a domestic return. State also that the seller has offered a partial refund of $20 which you decline to accept as you are entitled to a full refund of $54 since this is a SNAD return (significantly not as described). State that you are unable now to ask eBay to step in within the dispute itself because the seller has accepted the return... but that the seller is now attempting to alter the terms of the return/refund, which is why you ask eBay now, via the chat support, to step in and action the refund without your being required to return the item, since the seller is refusing to provide an acceptable solution with regard to the return postage.

Who pays for return postage

If you're sending an item back because it doesn't match the listing or it arrived damaged or faulty:

• The seller pays for return postage.
  • The seller should provide a way for you to return the item, or offer you a refund.
  • You'll need to send it back using the postage label or other method provided by the seller.
From the same help page:

Sending items internationally: eBay return labels are only available for items returned within Australia. If you or the seller are overseas, you'll need to buy your own international postage or make alternative arrangements.

❝We may refund the buyer and seek reimbursement from the seller, without requiring the buyer to return the item, if the item does not match the listing and the seller:
  • has not responded to the return request, or
  • chooses not to accept the return, or
  • doesn't provide a return postage label or another acceptable solution.
(Rubrication mine.)

Quote these within the chat to explain your situation.

Remain courteous at all times.
Ask the chat support person to look at the messages where the seller refuses to pay return postage.
Provide all information requested.

Good luck.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

^^👍👌

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply