'include description' is covered over, help please

chezzy
Community Member

Hi there

For some reason I can not use 'include description' (top right of page) when searching. It is actually covered over by other graphics. I sometimes get a quick glimpse of it but I can not get to it. At first it was AdChoice ads covering it up (long narrow one top right) - the ads would change but the long narrow ad style would remain. I tried 'opting out' of AdChoice to no avail.

I contacted Live Help who confirmed 'include description' was working fine their end (!!!) and suggested I use a different browser. I only have the one Mozilla Firefox as I ran into problems when I previously had IE.

Hmm, so I found a thing called Adblock plus which has gotten rid of the ads but not the problem. Now other graphics ('Popular on ebay') have moved up the page. This time I can see 'include description' peeping out but I can't access it/click it.

Please help, it is a feature I like to use. Is there anything I can try to move/remove those interfering graphics or change the layout of my page so I can access the feature?

Thankyou

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Have you tried clearing cookies and cache, and perhaps running a spyware program?

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

It may not work but worth a try. Hold control and press minus once or twice. This reduces the page size. And plus to increase.

image host
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

Thanks, have done all the above but unfortunately no go

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Try using Google Chrome, I usually have all three browsers open at once so if one spits the dummy I can spit it right back and change to another one;-)

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

I have installed Google Chrome and the Adblock with that too but I still have the problem, frustrating. Looks like I am not meant to browse and buy ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

just use the Advance Search link, and the Title & Description option is 1/2way down the page

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

I know Putney, but that is the long way of doing things, am trying to figure out how to get things back to normal. This problem seemed to start today.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Try adjusting the sceen size, e.g. clicking on the edges of the window and dragging wider/smaller, etc. Try dragging it wider and then giving it a refresh or close/open and see if it helps at all.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

It is still doing it this morning no matter what I try, will try to include a sample picture of what I am seeing

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply