item sitting in erlanger KY for 6 days

anyone else's parcel still sitting in the GSP centre for 5 days+?

I've contacted PBI but all I could get was "it is being processed"_ well I wonder what the reasoning behind requiring 6 days to "process" the shipping is.

any help/insight will be appreciated

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

PB's probably waiting to fill the container before your item heads off for a scenic world trip.....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Anything less than a week is OK....no need to worry yet.

Do you know what is involved in the processing?   The items are repacked if necessary and the paperwork is prepared for Customs.

One of the reasons sellers like the GSP is that they do not have to do the paperwork.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I don't often use the GSP but have on occasion.

The last time it updated with awaiting departure from KY several times or words to that affect.

Then suddenly changed to with carrier for delivery and I received a few days later.

So it's possible item doesn't get scanned at a point but is then scanned closer to final destination.

Having said that I also had one sitting in KY for a long time.

image host
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

thanks guys. patience is not my virtue so it's tough to wait it out, but I think I somewhat feel better-ish now ☺

I did know about the sellers don't have to fill the customs forms themselves if shipped via GSP but didn't know about "repackaging". I sure hope the status will change soon ☺
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

The repackaging is one drawback to the GSP.  Most sellers pack well but unfortunately the same cannot be said of Pitney Bowes.

Thankfully the complaints seem to have been listened to and not so much repackaging is being done these days....or so I have been told.   I avoid it like the plague so have no recent experience of it.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

thanks for the info lyndal, I learn something new every day!

update: a PB rep just sent me an email and said my package was "going through a battery" whatever that means. that's what she typed, I tried to google it but couldn't get a solid answer to that. anyways it looks like it's making a move towards... some other facility
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

ok apparently "battery review" as it contains a lithium battery. there also was some sort of issue/s at their "shopping centre" (pbi has their own shopping centre? again that's what she typed) which caused the delay with my parcel.

I now have a new fedex tracking number supplied by the pbi rep, it's not updated on my eBay app but I'll keep tracking. it'll be so good to finally have my parcel here ☺
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

update!

the package is now in EITHER my local fedex depot or chullora, a startrack sort facility in nsw.
strangely, the fedex tracking says the item is in my local area, so I rang up fedex to ask if they are going to hold it off until the "scheduled delivery date" or just going to deliver it early_ the rep on the phone said "it's being handled by auspost now" _ really?

so I went on to auspost website and tracked it, said it's in chullora NSW... which is nowhere near my area. how can this happen!?
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@bananactive wrote:
update!

the package is now in EITHER my local fedex depot or chullora, a startrack sort facility in nsw.
strangely, the fedex tracking says the item is in my local area, so I rang up fedex to ask if they are going to hold it off until the "scheduled delivery date" or just going to deliver it early_ the rep on the phone said "it's being handled by auspost now" _ really?

so I went on to auspost website and tracked it, said it's in chullora NSW... which is nowhere near my area. how can this happen!?

Chullora is not a StarTrack sorting facility....it is an Australia Post facility.   This would indicate to me that FedEx has already handed your item to AP for local delivery.

This is the most common form of delivery for smaller items....it will be delivered as an e-Parcel through AP.

In  International courier speak an item is in your local area when it has arrived in Australia and is in the local delivery chain.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply