sausage filler

gjaz6429
Community Member

hi i purchased a sausage filler and it broke after about half a day there telling me to fix it and they will pay do i do this or ask for a refund

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

sausage filler

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

How is this a technical issue with ebay?

I would open a dispute through ebay for Item Not As Described and ask for a refund.   If the seller wants the item returned they should pay the return postage.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

sausage filler

If you fix it and they don't pay then you can't return it as it's been tampered with.

Get seller to send replacement or refund.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

sausage filler

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I would open a dispute through ebay for Item Not As Described and ask for a refund.   If the seller wants the item returned they should pay the return postage.

Great to see these new forums are helping members post in the correct area!

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

sausage filler

Maybe they will learn that you can provide the correct avenues for members but you can't make 'em use 'em.

Or maybe not!Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

sausage filler

@gjaz6429 wrote:

hi i purchased a sausage filler and it broke after about half a day there telling me to fix it and they will pay do i do this or ask for a refund

Absolutely not!!

What guarantee do you have that they would pay? None.

It's new, it's faulty-you want your money back.

Don't ever let a seller fob you off or try to string things out.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

sausage filler

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Great to see these new forums are helping members post in the correct area!

I was puzzled by lyndal's post at first but I gather that the question was originally posted on the technical issues board and a mod has moved it to this board.

That is well & good, but how on earth is the original poster ever meant to find it?

Other forums I have been on leave the title of a post in where it was originally but it has a tag 'moved to' etc and when you click on the title of the topic it takes you to the new location.

I couldn't see the title of this post at all on the tech issues board-so how is the OP meant to know where it went?

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

sausage filler

There were "this post has been moved to....." on most of the new forums, but it seems those have now been deleted. A bit pointless really, for the reason you mentioned. How is the OP meant to find their thread? They might think it has been removed, so may decide not to come here any more as other threads may get removed for no reason.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply