<removed> has ripped me of has this happened to any one plus ebay seems to be hard to contact

these people will not refund me nor will thay retern the generator i sent back (which broke down after TWO weeks )nor will thay retern phone calls or emails and ebay dose'ent seem to want to be contactable to help ether! how do i fix this ? anyone know.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

<removed> has ripped me of has this happened to any one plus ebay seems to be hard to contact

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you look at their feedback before you bought from them?  And the number of feedback revisions?

If I had a dollar for every buyer who comes to the boards to complain about them I would be rich

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay don't get involved with refunds, if you paid with Paypal or a credit card then they are the ones you have to deal with but if you returned it without going through either Paypal or your bank then you are now in a bind unless it is less than 45 days for a Paypal payment and you returned it by a fully trackable means, if you did and it is not too late open a Paypal dispute and escalate to a claim. Come back here after you receive Paypal and the sellor or Paypals response. If you paid direct with a card then contact your bank re a chargeback.

If you paid with bank deposit then your only teo avenues are to go through the ebay dispute process which will not get you a refund or your item returned but it will mean that you can put in a complaint to the police using the on-line auction fraud report site. If they are an Australian registered company with an ABN then you may be able to go through Fair Trade.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@judetwo61 wrote:

these people will not refund me nor will thay retern the generator i sent back (which broke down after TWO weeks )nor will thay retern phone calls or emails and ebay dose'ent seem to want to be contactable to help ether! how do i fix this ? anyone know.

eBay and Paypal cannot provide assistance with your difficulties if it is to do with your purchase in around July this year.

As the seller is an Australian Business the Australian Consumer Law applies to their sales, but you will need to contact your State's Office of Fair Trading to get information about undertaking further action or assisting to refer you to a community-based consumer advisory service to assist you with taking action to get this matter resolved.

Frequently Australian businesses that ignored their customers with complaints after purchase, become much more responsive when a consumer information or advocacy service makes an approach to them on your behalf.  But it is up to you to make some calls and get more informed about the possible avenues of actions available to you.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

oh i see lyndal you defend scammers because?????? <removed> were listed and delisted under several name s, over several years, selling thousands of articles and NEVER delivering, ever! 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Where have I defended scammers?

I am well aware of that seller's history and their feedback shows it as well.  If buyers continue to deal with a seller despite bad feedback how can anyone help them.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I bought a jackhammer from them& it looked like somebody had returned it before me, anyway i asked them for a tiny part which was broken & they said they sent but didnt turn up& now they cannot be contacted because of ebays 3 month blockout. My advice to anyone is buy it from reputable companies

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

it's 45 days and it's with Paypal, not eBay.

Never let a seller string you past that.

And, given the cost of returning such items if there is an issue, maybe look at buying from a REAL shop.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes j was ripped off after buying a diesel generator that broke only after about a month 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes j was ripped off after buying a diesel generator that broke only after about a month 

This is an 8 year old thread, and most likely a totally different seller.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply