mistake bid

ive made a bid for a note by mistake,$25,000 it was in error I will not be paying it 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

mistake bid

Assuming the auction has not ended yet, you can retract bids in certain circumstances (like making a mistake): https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/auctions-bidding/retracting-bid?id=4013

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

mistake bid

Next time be more careful !!

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

mistake bid

... and don't advertise the fact that you are a bad buyer on the boards.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

mistake bid

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

Next time be more careful !!

Seriously?

It was obviously an error - 25K ?? You have never made an error in bidding? 🤔

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

mistake bid

@cardiffcityfacup wrote:

ive made a bid for a note by mistake,$25,000 it was in error I will not be paying it 

That's fine but I don't know why you see the need to tell us about it. Who do you think we are? Ebay?

Even ebay doesn't need to know.

The only person who needs to know the status of your bid is the seller.

In most cases you can just retract a bid, as long as the auction (if it is an auction) is not in the closing hours. You can usually fix the amount and rebid for what you meant the total to be.

If you cannot retract a bid or you've bought something in error, just send a private message to the seller, explain the situation.

Bottom line is no one can make you pay for it, you're safe there. You don't have to pay it.

But I'm with pdme dolls on this, I think you do need to be more careful with your bids. We all do make errors but a few seconds checking before you commit will save any dramas in future.

Keep in mind that a seller can give you a strike for non payment (which won't affect you one iota if you only have one strike). But if you get a couple of them within a certain time frame eg 6 months or a year, then you might suddenly find yourself blocked from buying from other sellers.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply