need help with paypal claim!

Hi guys

I really need yor help, A paypal claim was made & i returned the item to the seller and put in the tracking number

The seller wasnt at home when the parcel was delievered & Now the seller will not pick up the item from the post office!

Paypal will not close the case now

I bought an express post satchel with tracking and put the item in it. What can I do? anyone been in this situation before?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Personally, I would call PayPal and try to get the situation clarified - technically the refund shouldn't be granted until the item is back in the seller's possession, but your primary responsibility is proving postage of it, not delivery, so if the proof you have is sufficient and the package is refused or not collected, it - in theory and as far as I know - it should not interfere with the refund (more particularly if the seller refuses to collect it). As I said though, that's in theory and I could be wrong, so calling PayPal is the best advice I can give.  

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If you sent it express parcel then you should be OK, if it was an express satchel you may only be able to win if the tracking actually shows it is at the PO awaiting collection. If it just said delivered to the nearest mail centre which is what usually happens you would have had a problem as you must have something that shows the parcel has been posted to the actual address, at the very least the postcode, as given to you by Paypal.

For future reference it is always better to return items with either insurance or signature on delivery.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

The tracking shows it is at PO awaiting collection, I have told the seller this twice and they refuse to pick it up

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I had this happen once before. Seller left parcel sitting for 4 days wouldn't pick it up in the end I rang paypal and told them the item was sitting there waiting to be claimed. They closed the case after looking at the tracking and refunded me. The seller was fuming. Paypal told me my part was done proving I had returned the item. Ring paypal.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply