payment is being processed

soulo86
Community Member

there is hour glass shows payment is being processed. 

What is this mean?? should i have to wait ???

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Are you the buyer or the seller?

The hour glass means that the payment was funded from a bank account and there is no credit card attached to the paypal account to make the payment instant.

The seller will have to wait for the payment to clear (usually several days) before sending the item.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Are you the buyer?

If so, and if your paypal is funded from a credit card, then there should not be an hour glass.

But the same thing happened to me once. I paid and a couple of days later noticed it had not gone through, there was an hourglass showing. I felt panicked I would have a non payment case opened against me.

Just on the off chance the same thing has happened to you, don't do what I did. I contacted the seller, who told me she was having a problem with her paypal, it wasn't working properly. She instructed me on how to cancel my payment & advised me of bank details instead. So I did and that was the last I or several other buyers heard from her. We never received our goods either.

If you find out the problem is at the seller's end just tell them you'll wait till they fix it as you are only prepared to pay via paypal.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Sorry lyndal for bringing up this old thread but I have just paid for an item and the "payment is being processed" has come up lol.

And I have been buying for a long time and have bank account and creditcard attached to my PayPal lol.

I wonder if this is going to be a thing that will be happening from now on at sellers request or is ebay/paypal just becoming paranoid perhaps with me haha

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

No you're not correct,I just contacted PayPal and they said that the seller hasn't accepted my payment yet,apparently sellers can now hold off payments twiddle their thumbs for a while and decide when to accept them lol.

Seriously is this now a way for sellers to stall the payments and postage time?

Personally I don't give a hoot either way lol.

I also have the option to cancel the transaction immediately in PayPal but I want the item so I'll wait and see.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

This can happen if the seller only has a personal account (you need a premier or business account to automatically accept credit card payments), or if they made a mistake with the email address.
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

The seller has nearly 3000 feedback as a seller surely by now they would have a premier or business account haha

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Crow, the information was correct back when the thread was current......which is why you need to start a new thread.Smiley LOL

I must admit though, the paypal notices are different now.   I have the same bank account/debit card and credit card attached to paypal as I have always had but now when I make a payment from whatever source the payal notice always says that the payment is being processed and I will get a receipt in due course.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Haha that's why I said sorry lyndal for opening an old thread and because it had to do with the same thread topic I just reopened this one haha.

And my payment has finally been accepted yipee

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Hello all, I am having a similar problem.

I purchased soemthing on the 23rd Dec, there is an hour Glass saying it's processing and my bank account has clearly had the amount deducted.

I have tried contacting the seller but now they are not responding. Have I been scammed? I'm trying to see how to get eBay guarantee to work but I can't seem to get it working.

The seller told me they didn't know how to apply postage fees so they wanted to relist the item then have me pay again. To which I said I will only do if they refund and cancel the order. They haven't done it yet and it's still "processing".

Any help or clarification? I'm so confused 😞
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply