payment is being processed

soulo86
Community Member

there is hour glass shows payment is being processed. 

What is this mean?? should i have to wait ???

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: payment is being processed

If your PayPal payment has come from a bank account, rather than a credit card, it has probably spawned an eCheque. They can take 7-10 days to clear. There should have been a small message near the payment to say that it was going to be an eCheque. I have no idea why it takes so long to clear. It's ridiculous!

If it hasn't cleared by tomorrow, you should be able to cancel the payment in PayPal. I've not had to do it, so not sure how it's done. 

Is the seller a new seller? If they are, they may not have their PayPal set up correctly to accept payments. I think they need to upgrade their account to Premier (not business). Maybe send another message and ask if their account is set up correctly, or even send them here for help..

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Thank you tippy toes, i'll provide them a link to this discussion then.

Yes the seIller is a new trader, and they commented how they didn't know how to apply postage. It's just frustrating not being able to know what trail my money has taken, but your explanation helps.

I shall try to contact them again
Cheers
B
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

@bigcomicbookguy wrote:

I have tried contacting the seller but now they are not responding. Have I been scammed? I'm trying to see how to get eBay guarantee to work but I can't seem to get it working.

Any help or clarification? I'm so confused 😞

whatever you do, do not open an eBay Money Back Guarantee claim yet. Give it at least a week or two. You have 32 days or so do open a claim.

Be patient and give it a week.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

I don’t think this is correct.

Something else must be happening at the seller's or Ebay's end.

The reason I'm saying this is that as a buyer I never had a problem or delay when paying through PayPal.

But today-despite using the same credit card with more than enough credit available and despite the fact that my bank has already accepted my payment and granted "Purchase Authorisation", eBay shows it as "being processed"  

Actually, I've made another eBay-PayPal payment today which immediately showed in my card account as "Purchase Authorisation", immediately showed as "item paid" on eBay and the seller mailed the item within an hour after this.

So I guess that eBay-PayPal have to come up with a more convincing explanation on the payment "being processed" issue.

Thanks

John 

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

@nootherbids wrote:

I don’t think this is correct.

Something else must be happening at the seller's or Ebay's end.

The reason I'm saying this is that as a buyer I never had a problem or delay when paying through PayPal.

But today-despite using the same credit card with more than enough credit available and despite the fact that my bank has already accepted my payment and granted "Purchase Authorisation", eBay shows it as "being processed"  

Actually, I've made another eBay-PayPal payment today which immediately showed in my card account as "Purchase Authorisation", immediately showed as "item paid" on eBay and the seller mailed the item within an hour after this.

So I guess that eBay-PayPal have to come up with a more convincing explanation on the payment "being processed" issue.

Thanks

John 

You are commenting on an old thread where the information was correct at the time of posting.

I am not sure which of my posts you think is wrong so I cannot really comment other than to point out that paypal is not infallible and can sometimes generate an echeck even when you have used a credit or debit card to pay.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@lyndal

they replied to your post from almost 4 years ago . . . you know, when these boards were run by Lithium, Malcolm Turnbull was still PM, Greta was 13 and still in school, Obama was president of the USA, Coronavirus hadn't shown its ugly head and anyone could venture into a supermarket confident that they would be able to buy toilet paper and hand sanitiser . . . and that special "someone" we all love was still a year away from posting about the GSP on these boards.

Ahhhhh, the good old days.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply