paypal reversal payment lose item?

Hi recently i bought a item for $600 with a echeck in paypal i thought it went all good coz it said the money had been trasnfered and the money was taken out but i got a email saying i had insuffient funds now

Your PayPal Bank Funding payment cannot be completed because your bank reported insufficient funds in your bank account to cover the transfer amount. As a result, your Bank Funding payment has been reversed.

soo should i let the seller know also? does it mean i lose my chance on the item or can i still get it? the seller is pcbyte a big seller 

i was in a hurry to buy the item coz they wer having a sale and saved money dont think i still qaulify for the discount since my payment failed 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: paypal reversal payment lose item?

Just pay again but make sure you've got enough funds in your account, and that you haven't got any automatic payments coming out of your account that may affect the balance before the funds go through.  It would be a good idea to let the seller know so they're not left wondering (and so they don't start a non-payment case, as in my experience a certain percentage of e-cheques fail and the buyers never bother to re-pay.  

The price on the item when you bought it stays the same - the price when you confirmed your purchase IS the price and nothing can alter it.  If the seller cancelled the sale and you had to re-buy that'd be a different case, but if the seller cancels the sale there's a chance they'd block you from re-buying anyway, so contact them if you want to make sure this doesn't happen.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

thanks for the info mate and i contacted them today and they said its cool to pay themn later when i have the money so all good but i dunno how to pay them since i already tried and it failed it doesnt have option to re send money again

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I believe paypal makes a second attempt to take the funds from your funding source.  You should make sure there are sufficient funds or you are likely to get penalties from your bank if the account is overdrawn.

The seller may have to resend another invoice to allow you to pay again, but don't try to make another payment until you see if paypal tries to get the funds again.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply