percentage of international INR

Hi 🙂

I was just looking back through my purchase history on my buying ID and was shocked to see that almost 40% of purchases made from China or Hong Kong over the years were never received.

I have always been refunded, thats not the issue, but it is disappointing when you have waited and waited and waited for something to arrive and it doesn't show. I try to buy from Aussie sellers when i can but its not always possible (and I buy a lot on ebay :8})

Has anyone else found a similar high percentage of INR?

Do you think it is a postal issue or a seller not sending issue?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I have purchased quite a lot of items from sellers from China & Hong Kong over the last few years and I can only remember 2 items not received and I received a refund both times.

I have however, received a high incidence of INR from international buyers compared to Australian buyers and have now stopped selling overseas.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Yes, I very rarely sell internationally now too. It was causing me far too many problems

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Not looking at old feedback lol but I have to say that recently,all of my purchases from Asia have shown up & 99.9% are exactly as described.The ONLY difference nowdays though seems to be the postage time-its like watching paint dry whereas it used to be VERY fast.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I think the parcels mostly go via Singapore now. One of the Aussie PS who is based in Hong Kong said once that if they route them via Singapore then it is only 10c or something to Australia

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I also buy a lot of stuff from China and Hong Kong, and the only time I have had a problem is when some wallets I had bought hadn't arrived.. I contacted the seller and he refunded me.. The wallets eventually arrived so I just paid for them again.

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I am not sure why I am having som many 'not received' issues as I have a PO box so the problem can't be at my end ?:|

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I think the parcels mostly go via Singapore now.

Who are you calling a parcel? ;-):^O;-):^O

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

cokindslr
Community Member

OP, yes I agree. I have had a number of items not arrived from China. Just because they offer FREE postage doesn't mean it's any good. I think it's one of the slowest around.

A pity few Chinese sellers offer EMS. Yes try and buy Aussie.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply